boring

Ingrim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ingrim wrote:

why is this "Game" so boring? theres litterally nothing to do in it. no goals, nothing. its completely pointless. 

There's the problem.  It's not a game in the sense that there are quests to complete.

However, if you want to try playing as a game, you can get to beat the end of level boss by pressing Alt Q

SL is what *you* choose to make it, if you choose to make it nothing, then nothing it will be.

technically secondlife isn't a 'game' you have to find your own fun you can go shopping go to a club visit a fair ground ride a plane train automobile or boat find a sandbox and build stuff rent a parcel of land and create a home there's loads of things to do in SL you shouldn't get bored

if you do want something with a goal you can try Linden Realms or find a roleplay group that takes your fancy

technically secondlife isn't a 'game' you have to find your own fun you can go shopping go to a club visit a fair ground ride a plane train automobile or boat find a sandbox and build stuff rent a parcel of land and create a home there's loads of things to do in SL you shouldn't get bored

if you do want something with a goal you can try Linden Realms or find a roleplay group that takes your fancy

yeah, ive tried joining RP groups, not for me, not into vehicles or sports of any sort, renting is a waste of money, don't like going to clubs by myself, feels weird, and to shy to talk to anyone, so its really kinda pointless for me. only reason i havent deleted my account is cause of my friend, but now she hardly talks to me, and shes the only reason i even started playing, and shopping is boring too plus im broke. 

Ingrim wrote:

yeah, ive tried joining RP groups, not for me, not into vehicles or sports of any sort, renting is a waste of money, don't like going to clubs by myself, feels weird, and to shy to talk to anyone, so its really kinda pointless for me. only reason i havent deleted my account is cause of my friend, but now she hardly talks to me, and shes the only reason i even started playing, and shopping is boring too plus im broke. 

I recommend Facebook (which is pointless to me), Skype, MSN or just plain email with your friend.  Or you could just phone them and chat.

SL isn't for everyone, no shame or criticism.  Some switch on to it, others don't.

Ingrim wrote:

she don't do any of those social networks, this her first mmo of any type, and im sure she wouldn't like WoW, hell even im getting bored with that one. 

Well then the "game" or objective as I see it, is to understand why your friend is here and how to communicate with them, should you wish to do so, outside of any method that you both share.

Or objective b) Find a new friend :)

as weird as it sounds, it was a way to bring us closer for our relationship, but as of late, seems to be ripping it apart. she enjoys the game, and i well, youve seen the post,  its our only form of communication because she won't get back on yahoo. 

Ingrim wrote:

lol, i am a guy, so itd be females, but shes ok with me doing that. but now its lost its fun.  as has the game. 

Now you're just being narrow minded then.  Try something different!  That's what SL is all about haha.

But yes if it's affecting you and not engaging you, move on.  Seriously.

Ingrim wrote:

i need to, i know, was hoping there something in sl to do but nothing for me. 

There still might be but it's up to you to find it.  Some of us end up making things and selling them.  Learning new skills, 3D modelling software, animations, scripting and so on.

I won't say it's for everyone, but if you want SL to take over your life, become a merchant of products.

Dude, you must be a boring sob, huh? No wonder your friend is distancing herself. Do you not have any hobbies?

People have been giving you countless examples of things you can go do, but you keep shooting them down.

What are some things you like? What are you interested in? If you let us know what you're into, maybe we can help direct you to places you'd like.

Otherwise, if you refuse to find something interesting in SL, then why bother staying?

its not that i refuse, its that nothing i have found is interesting to me,  my hobbies, dungeons and dragons, Magic the gathering (card game), art, music (listening to, not making) and i do consider myself to be one boring sob IRL. Ive tried the RP sims, didn't work out so well for me, and havent found anything to do other than fly around and take random pictures and thats boring as hell. the clubs i don't like going to by myself cause it feels weird even in SL, and im really shy and that shows through even in SL. or any onine game ive played. I don't care for sports, automotives of any kind. and the zombie and vampire games are boring as hell too. 

There are a lot of places in the destination guide that have to do with art - sims to explore with installations and custom work, interactive things, etc. There are mystery 'games' you can solve puzzles for. I can't help you much if you don't like going to clubs alone for the music. But maybe if you go to the clubs, someone might see you and strike up a conversation, and then bam, you're at a club with a friend.

I'd say go try out the fantasy rp places, but you say it 'didn't work out'? How so? You can't just...drop your character into the sim and expect people to walk up to you and start a scene. You need to figure out what motivates your character in the setting (ie, maybe they need a drink - go to a tavern, or maybe they want to be the leader of a gang - go to group headquarters, or maybe they want to woo a fair maiden - go locate a lady who might be interested, etc) and then act upon those motivations. If you just plop in and stand around, obviously it's going to be boring as hell. Walk around, explore, get to know the sim and the people in it, then figure out where you can situate yourself.

For example, in an urban rp I'm in, my character wasn't getting much interaction, so I moved him over to a group of people and made him start fiddling with a busted cell phone. Someone saw my post, approached my character, and asked about the fate of his phone. Thus began a lovely rp scene that lasted for a few hours. It doesn't take much, honestly.

If you can't think of anything else, put your character in a crowded location - such as a tavern or the middle of a busy street - and make them collapse. People will wonder what's happening and you don't have to do much more than lie there and rp an unconscious person. Once your character 'wakes up', you'll be ripe for some good rp. Easy peasy.

The reason I'm expanding a lot on the rp option is because based on your interests, I think you might find it rewarding.

Another option is to go the route of job seeking. There are plenty of job agencies hiring for various positions (you could be a host in a club - get to listen to music and be paid at the same time! And no awkward 'being there alone' deal because you're working with other staff, yay.).

yea, stories not my strong suite, ive been trying to write a background story for a character i made and he died 6 years ago, and can't get past the first paragraph for him, even my plot for the campaign sucked lol. last one i tried my comp couldn't keep up with the monster, and the fighting so i gave up. everytime i try to be creative, it turns out well, like poo. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.