Got banned for promoting second life

Letstrade Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I and my partner promoted second life. We earned $200 per day.

Then suddenly we are banned. We asked gan and the reason is "violating" policies. No other info is given.

We asked affiliates@lindenlab.com no answer. In fact this prompt other people to also ask second life whether they like sign up they sent either.

No answer. Sign up is not fraudulent. I do not think second life lost money. If it does, just say so.

What to do?

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Publisher Support <affiliatesupport@google.com> Date: Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM Subject: Re: [#1094221175] Affiliate publisher inquiry To: power2hardjoko@gmail.com Thanks for your email. We'll respond as soon as we can. We typically respond to most inquiries within 24 hours. To serve you better, please don't send multiple tickets about the same question, and, if possible, be sure to consolidate all questions into one ticket. Looking for instant answers? Visit our Help Center now! http://support.google.com/affiliatenetwork Sincerely, Google Affiliate Network Twitter: @GoogleAffiliate Original Message Follows: ------------------------ From: Susanto Hardjoko <power2hardjoko@gmail.com> Subject: [#997722305] Affiliate publisher inquiry Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 11:51:48 +0700 Hello, I want to appeal my Google affiliate Network and Google Adsense. This has to be a misunderstanding. I am new in google affiliate network but have had a long experience at other network. $3k in 2 weeks is just reasonable experiments. Other affiliate network doesn't complain when I promoted them. Even second life doesn't seem to mind. I've heard if they don't like the traffic they would be the one pulling the plug, and not google affiliate network. My friend told me that as long as quality of sign up is acceptable, everything else can be negotiated. So, what about if you let me know what's wrong. I can modify the method and traffic source and still get the same conversion. In addition, I can expand this to $20-$30k per month. Susanto On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Susanto Hardjoko <power2hardjoko@gmail.com>wrote: > Is there a problem with the quality of sign ups or what? Why I do not get > any news or info or anything at all after all this time. > If in anyway you don't like the traffic why not just tell? You think the > leads are fraudulent or what? > > I think the issue is the country where I am sending traffic. Well, as you > know, the advertiser I promote pays for all countries equally. I do not > know which countries they prefer. I am sure that the quality of my sign up > should be the same with the quality of other sign ups from the same > countries. > > Do they complain about quality of sign up or what? > > Susanto > > On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM, Publisher Support < > affiliatesupport@google.com> wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> Your Google Affiliate Network account was recently disabled due to policy >> violations. As a result, you will no longer be able to login to your >> account. >> >> Thank you >> >> Affiliate Publisher Support >> Google Affiliate Network >> >> Visit our online Help Center >> http://www.google.com/support/affiliatenetwork/ >> >> Visit our Help Forum >> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/affiliatenetwork?hl=en >> >> Follow us on Twitter today to receive new offers and information: >> @GoogleAffiliate >> >> >> >> Original Message Follows: >> ------------------------ >> From: power2Hardjoko@gmail.com >> Subject: Affiliate publisher inquiry >> Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 08:47:53 +0000 >> >> > >> > >> > AutoDetectedBrowser: Internet Explorer 8 >> > AutoDetectedOS: Windows XP >> > IIILanguage: en >> > IssueType: contact_gen >> > contact_email: power2Hardjoko@gmail.com >> > describe: I tried to login. When I login I am redirected to >> > http://www.google.com/affiliatenetwork/?hl=en and the content is simply >> > >> > Not Found >> > Error 404 >> > >> > There is no email explaining anything. My links no longer work. It >> happened >> > recently. What is going on? >> > first_name: Susanto >> > issue_occur: Yes >> > language: en >> > last_name: Hardjoko >> > pubid: 21000000000510214 >> > >> >> >

When your revenue is generated by amounts of clicks and or signups, you cannot be the one doing all the clicking and or registering. You kinda make it worse by flat out asking them, do you think the leads are fraudulent? Unless they said it first, you kinda spilt the beans, or so it would seem. I don't think they mind the traffic, I just think they mind that all the traffic is from one or two individuals.

Those are just my opinions based on the text you posted, I could be completely wrong. What to do? Appeal. 

There is no way the traffic is from 1 or 2 individuals. Again, if the issue is sign up quaity, it'll be linden that ban, not google affiliate network.

The sign up is as legitimate as any sign up. Actually a friend of mine emailed affiliates@lindenlab.com asking to review their sign up quality. No response.

If sign up quality is in anyway way bad, just say so, and they'll stop. If sign up quality is good, then he wants to make more. What's the point of not answering?

I posted the pub id of the guy that get banned. Hopefully linden representative would call and tell what's wrong with the sign ups.

Well,we don't get paid per click. We got paid per sign up. Visitors need to sign up for us to get comission. No incentive. No bot. Actually anyone using that will get banned very fast. A friend of mine got paid $1k per month for several months and got banned too.

In fact, earning per click is below average. The average is 5 cent we got only 1 cent. That's probably what triger the false alarm.

Letstrade Oh wrote:

Well,we don't get paid per click. We got paid per sign up. Visitors need to sign up for us to get comission. No incentive. No bot. Actually anyone using that will get banned very fast. A friend of mine got paid $1k per month for several months and got banned too.

In fact, earning per click is below average. The average is 5 cent we got only 1 cent. That's probably what triger the false alarm.

Lets do the math.

You earned $200.00 at $0.01 per click?

That is 20,000 clicks.

TWENTY THOUSAND.

If you are getting paid PER SIGN UP, something is seriously wrong with the math here.

Google thinks otherwise.  You need to tak this up with them.  Linden Lab is not going to help you and no one here can help you.  You violated some TOS rule or you got caught doing something illegal.  If you can't get satisfaction with the people who banned you then you have a legal system to explore.........or you can go hide and lick your wounds.  It's not an SL problem and not a Linden Lab problem but you are whinning here.

That's the thing. I would like to ask Linden if the sign up quality is problematic. Everything is negotiable as long as sign up quality is good.

Who should I contact? Looks like no body reply to affiliate@lindenlab.com. Also friends of mine that earn $100 and want to  know whether they should send more traffic also asked. He is NOT banned. He just want to make sure everybody is happy before moving forward. No reply either.

I am wondering what Web Site(s) you are running to get the kind of traffic and click thru's you are talking about.

According to Google Affiliates,

"When a visitor clicks a Second Life link on your Web site and becomes a premium member of Second Life, you earn a $5 (USD) commission. (Note: this is a one-time payment for first-time premium members only. Other actions represent free registrations and there is no associated commission.)"

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/google-affiliate-network-new-program-announcements-442/second-life-launches-google-affiliate-network-132114.html

To earn $200.00 a day that would mean FORTY people clicking through and signing up for Premium Membership.

While none of us know how many Premium Sign Ups there are,  Forty sign ups per day from one persons leads makes me scratch my head.

"...

While none of us know how many Premium Sign Ups there are,  Forty sign ups per day from one persons leads makes me scratch my head."

-------------------------------------------------

It leads me to more than a little scratching.  The only way I can see that happening is either through lying (fraud) or gaming some "loophole" in the ToS of Google.  Getting 40 Premium sign-ups per day on any platform, game, or site that requires one to spend real life money is way beyond my ability to believe it's being done legally or fairly.

To the OP.........go talk to Google.  LL won't help you.  How can they when Google says you are banned for cause?  If you owned a business would risk that business for someone making claims that are really fantastic (and probably false)?  I don't think so..........not when you came a Linden Lab site to whine about being banned from a Google site.  You need to go hide, like I said, and lick your wounds.

• 2 weeks later...

On average I believe one in 20.000 clicks on an ad leads to a sale, that would be an SL account, not a premium account.
I don't know how many percentage of new SL subscribers sign up for premium at the outset, probably no more than 1% (and that's generous). So that's 8.000.000 clicks a day he's generating. Unless he's running the ads on CNN and other major websites like that, I don't see that happening.
More likely he's scamming both Google (by running click generators) and SL (by running some scam signing up premium accounts with credentials he knows will get rejected).

On average second life affiliate earn 5 cents per click. I earn 1 cents per click. So I earn less actually.

1 cent per click means 1 out of 75 people sign up. With good landing page that's kind of reasonable. Other got 1 out of 15 sign up.

I didn't know about that $5 deal. Second life accepts sign ups from all country and one of the few advertiser that pay the same whether sign ups come from US or India.

Anyway, I don't want to fight and there is no way I can sue. All I ask is some openness. Is our sign up good or bad? Do they like it or not. That's all. If it's actually a problem we both can solve, great. More money for us. If it turns out this doesn't work, we all learn something.

What would be the best way for me to accomplish that?

jwenting, I understand you're sceptical. I too is sceptical when I've heard that an american programmer earn $100k. How the hell they did that. Look, it's just works okay. Secondlife is unusually converting I must admit.

Letstrade Oh wrote:

On average second life affiliate earn 5 cents per click. I earn 1 cents per click. So I earn less actually.

1 cent per click means 1 out of 75 people sign up. With good landing page that's kind of reasonable. Other got 1 out of 15 sign up.

I didn't know about that $5 deal. Second life accepts sign ups from all country and one of the few advertiser that pay the same whether sign ups come from US or India.

Anyway, I don't want to fight and there is no way I can sue. All I ask is some openness. Is our sign up good or bad? Do they like it or not. That's all. If it's actually a problem we both can solve, great. More money for us. If it turns out this doesn't work, we all learn something.

What would be the best way for me to accomplish that?

jwenting, I understand you're sceptical. I too is sceptical when I've heard that an american programmer earn $100k. How the hell they did that. Look, it's just works okay. Secondlife is unusually converting I must admit.

I've heard that there is a lucrative business in making and selling fake / dummy G Mail accounts, especially if they have feminine names.  But then again I'm certain you wouldn't want to scam anyone. 

Oh well, was just a thought.

• 1 year later...

What does this have anything to do with fake email?

Anyway, I just need a contact person from second life. That is it. I do not need any of you to trust me. I just need you to tell me how to contact or chat with second life affiliate program.

I am not the only one promoting second life and got paid. Ask the OP in  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/What-s-happening-with-the-SL-Affiliate-Program-now-that-Google/td-p/2021599 and chance is he makes even more than I do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.