BUILDING A HOUSE FOR SALE

Robbyn1488311857

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am still trying to get an answer that can really work for me, I have built more than one house using only my textures and making sure that everything else I use on it is modify, copy and transfer and full permission, but when I link them all and place it in a rez box it comes out as no modify and no transfer, can anyone tell me what am I still doing wrong as this is getting very frustrating.

Also what is the easiest program to understand and is user friendly to make sculpties, I would love to create and sell my stuff but I am at a lost on understanding a lot of things like working a program to make sculpties

Thanks

Robbyn

3 answers to this question

This is most likely a problem with how you are using the rez box, not the build itself.  Be sure to set the Next Owner permissions on the build, then follow the instructions for the rez box system you're using very carefully.  The one I use allows you to set "for sale" permissions. 

Be sure to test the final setup with a friend, or an alt.  Sell the loaded rez box to them, then have them rez the item from the rez box and check the final permissions.  The permissions shown by the rez box may NOT be the actual permissions on the rezzed structure.

• Like 1

Along with the other answers. The problem most often (since textures are most often full perm) is that you have a script inside a prim somewhere that is marked no mod or no transfer. So a light switch or the bulbs that light for example? In Firestorm you can go into the object properties of an item, choose the permissions you want such as mod copy to everything and then apply it to everything in the build. That "should" fix the problem.

You can then take the build up as a coalesced object (assuming it is too big to link and that is why it is in a rez box) and transfer that to an alt or friend to test the permissions. If the coalesced item is OK then it is a rez box problem. If  the coalesced item transfers correctly, then try putting it in the rex box, making sure the REZ box also has the same permissions AND the script inside the rez box. Then test some more.

Now and then there are times when the database actually does change permissions on you and items that had been mode copy become so that even YOU can't modify. This is rare though and most likely it is a script or sound or something else in the contents of a prim that is the issue.

• Like 2

>Also what is the easiest program to understand and is user friendly to make sculpties, I would love to create and sell my stuff but I >am at a lost on understanding a lot of things like working a program to make sculpties

I guess Sculptypaint might be easier than Blender+Primstar(JASS).

However there are a lot of good vid tutorials for Primstar(by Gaia Clary), it is an advantage.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaiaclary/videos?sort=da&view=0

Also after getting used to Blender, you would be able to make various mesh objects.

Anyway try both and take whichever you like.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.