3 questions related to Daz software and poses in general

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi :)

Question 1. How can I slow down how quickly an avatar changes between poses or into a pose, mine snap into place instantly, would be nicer to have a slower movement :)

Question 2. Is it possible to apply a pose to a statue in sl?

Question 3.  Is it possible to make the "ground surface " in Daz solid so that the pose cannot go below ground level?

Im sure my questions reflect how little I know....

Sally Lavender wrote:

Hi
:)

Question 1. How can I slow down how quickly an avatar changes between poses or into a pose, mine snap into place instantly, would be nicer to have a slower movement
:)

DazStudio use keyframes. Blending time between keyframes depends on when and where the keyframes are. If your animation is snapping into place, then you don't have enough frames between keyframes.

Sally Lavender wrote:

Question 2. Is it possible to apply a pose to a statue in sl?

Yes, but not inside SL. Mesh allows you to pose a rigged avatar character in your 3d program, then you could export that whole avatar as a dae file in that pose and import it into SL. From Daz, you'd need to pose the avatar, then export the avatar as an obj file, because Daz's collada file is not compatible with SL's dae file format. With the obj file, you could drop it into 3ds Max or Blender and export it the proper dae file format.

In SL, independently moving objects do not yet have skeletons. To animate an object in SL, you have to move the actual parts. You can't import a bvh and apply it to an object. Only avatars.

Sally Lavender wrote:

Question 3.  Is it possible to make the "ground surface " in Daz solid so that the pose cannot go below ground level?

Im sure my questions reflect how little I know....

Yes, you can make a floor using the default prims in Daz, and then stretch it out to be a solid floor in Daz.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.