animations problem for an AO

Litella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have been learning to make my own animations over the last few frustrating months lol and Ive made 3 for my AO.  Thing is Im having an issue with getting them to play from one to the other without a slight stop inbetween, like it goes to the no animation stand for a split second instead of playiing the other animation in time smoothly.

I dont have the animations playing over again, they play just once.  Should I loop them instead?  The play time for each animation is 30 seconds (300 frames running at 10 frames per second), is this too long making it pause between the animations? would I cut them into two making each 15 seconds long so I end up with 6 animations instead of 3?

Any help would be much appreciated

hello Litella and grats on becomming an animator :) .

First thing to do is have a look at the animations already in your AO, i figure you have a free mod AO that your adding your own too?.  have a look at one of those ani's and youll see that the animations used do loop for stands.  At 30 seconds play time for your animations thats very long and remember sl has to pre load all that before playing it out for you.  i would cut each of those 30 sec anims of yours into 3 meaning 10 seconds long so you have 9 animations not 3.  One other thing to consider is where each of those animations will reloop, each animation will have to blend with the other so you dont jerk into the following animation.

Theres other animators here with alot more experience than me so hopefully they will shed some more light on it for you :)

Good Luck!!!!

Ok, so like I have to split them all into 3 and make them all start where the last one ended or looped?  But wont that mean that I have to start each animation at the same place the very first one starts to loop which will be the very start pose which is also the end pose of the very first animation? Hmmm, I will give it a go and see how it plays together.

Well I made some changes and started the first animation from a neutral like stand with hands at sides then let it roll onto the first animation and then ended in that neutral stance, did that for all animations and it all works together well :D :D.  I have a smooth transition from animation to animation that makes sense YAY!!!

Thanksyou so much HUGS :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.