I can't log on

Fergusonc101

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

everytime I try to log in I get a message saying     'darn.  You have been logged out of second life.   This region may be experiencing trouble.  Please check You'r connection to the internet.   I have restated my computer and modem for internet I've changed password I've also reloaded second life to to my computer the odd time I can get online my avatar can walk and is frozen on the one spot I try to teleport somewhere else and the same message comes up I don't understand this because last week I could get into second life with no problem at all.     PLEASE HELP      THANKS SARAH vive

i checked my internet connection and it says it is a B* on ping test and says it is a very good connection so now im even more confuesed 

yea course i hope to be back online soon 

7 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Sarah

Bring up your viewer screen and type in a start login location of Furball.  If the sim you are trying to log into is on a server that is having an issue, then this could be the reason why you're having this problem.

If you wish to add more to this thread, please do so by clicking on "options" at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit".

OK. Thank you for trying logging into Furball.

I know you said you've reset your modem, but it might be a problem with your internet service currently.  We'll come back to this if we have to.

It could also be a cache issue, so please do bring up your login screen once again, but do not log in. Instead, please go into the menu options at the top of the screen, find "preferences" and within one of the tabs is "clear cache". Do this, and then relog into Furball.

And please report back what happens, and we'll see if we need to try something else.

• Like 1

Yes, I was thinking that maybe the OP has problems at certain times of the day only, maybe when more people are sharing the internet connection. I don't want to give her too much information in one go, because it sounds like already she has been running through a lot of things, in a bit of a panic. The pingtest is a good idea.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.