Network Nirans vs Firestrom

Yuna Ovis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey,

I have 2 viewers installed in my computer, Firestrom and Nirans. I want to go through the net to places but it opens up Firestrom when I want to use it on Nirans. I looked but don't know how to make it as the chosen viewer.

Anyone can help?

3 answers to this question

You'll have to teach your browser which viewer you prefer.  Every browser is different.  I can tell you how to do it for Firefox, and I assume Chrome and the others have a similar system that you can find in them.

In Firefox....

1. Open the Tools menu at the top of your browser.

2.  Select Options ...

3.  Select the Applications tab.

4. Scroll down the menu until you see Second Life in the left column.

5. Use the pulldown menu in the right column next to it to find and select the Nirans viewer's exe file on your computer.

6. Close the window.

FYI, the Firestorm viewer automatically does this setup when you install it.  I believe that the V3 viewer does too.  Others might.  In any case, if you re-install a viewer, the re-installation may reset this preference in your browser.

• Like 1

Well, heck.... I don't use Chrome, so I installed it just now so I could answer your question. If you click the little wrench icon in its upper right corner and then open the Tools menu, you'll see that there's an option for creating shortcuts to applications. I believe that's the equivalent to what I just described for the Firefox browser. Unfortunately, that option is grayed out for me, so I can't find out. If it's not grayed out for you, give it a try. Otherwise, hope that some knowledgeable Chrome user wanders by here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.