Sign in to follow this  
Caliente Lemon

Muddy's Music Cafe is back

THE PARTY NEVER STOPS @ MUDDY'S
A 24/7 PG open air music cafe / clubs featuring the best in Blues, Jazz, Rock-n-Roll, Classic Rock, Top 40, Alternative, Classic Country, Live Music, Live Dj's, Dance, Dancing, Party.

If you want somewhere nice and relaxed to go dance – then you can do no worse than Muddy’s! They have a nice mix of live DJ’s from the US, UK, Aus and also from Mainland Europe all played in an atmosphere of friendliness and “No Drama” – it’s on a PG so you do need to be dressed so that your bits are covered but otherwise – go have fun!

The best PG club on the sims is back at new location, come join us at the Legendary club on Legendary Isle

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Legendary%20Isle/125/140/25

Muddys August 2012.jpg

19 February 2013.
Somewhere in 2011 I found this place.

First impression... 60/70-music....older person's gig going, with all respect really. However, all modern music styles are offered 24/7, depending on the shift (2 hours). I visited every half year or so to see if it was developing.

DJ's actually are genuine and quite good, perceptive for fun and they go around sl. Some are very grumpy and then it's time to leave I suppose or ignore.

The rest of the staff just adds traffic at Muddy's and they tip eachother, lol. So I tipped the DJ's but not the hostesses.

The group of staff avatars is around 100, so you might quickly think they are actual visitors.
The reality is that most traffic is created by roulating/cycling staff avatars by logging in, say hi, park AFK on the dance floor with/without staff titles, they tip, some dance with eachother, then activate their staff title going on stage, say hi again, go off stage AFK or dance with another AFK staff member, and log out. That's pretty much it.

You can check their sl old names against this url which shows the names of staff and see for yourself (make sure you can see sl old style names inworld via preferences). http://bouatmuddysmusiccafesl.weebly.com/management-and-staff.html

The little deceit can be observed over many hours over more moments over two years which hardly anyone does. I actually did, and clearly started to see a pretty deceptive pattern, although I certainly had my moments of fun.

You can go along with that, try to make your own fun, mind your business, enjoy the music and perhaps you can find a new friend. DJ's mostly play your request unless they are in a specific theme they like themselves.

Although I'm certain that alternate staff avatars are in use, real people seemed to be behind it. They just cycle in a very cheaty way actually and make about 50-75% of the traffic. You can all ignore that and just enjoy Muddy's like a 3D music player, but what's the point of that, since they have little to say or just sarcastic.

Recently they have doubled the numbers of parked staff, changing their usernames (you can still notice their old sl names if you activate that in your preferences). They dress them with high avatar cost by massive overuse of poor designed mesh clothes...... hence the lag has become unbearable. The location changes frequently. I wonder why that is.

I have dropped a notecard to the owner. I didn't expect much of it since she has never said a thing as parked avie over time, but at least I tried to get through this time.

She didn't respond when I came back although she was active this time, and staff avies just made it even worse about avatar rendering cost so I guess she wants the place more for their own fun, or they just doesn't understand it or ignored it.

That's pretty much it. The music can be great by some flexible and nice DJ's and you may find a friend, just realize that most avatars are inactive staff actually. They just go there in a cycled method to add traffic and hardly go anywhere else, and they have little to say.

I'm not making myself popular there now I suppose, but it's just not a very useful club really at this moment.
I've seen many clubs in sl go down by such scheme, pity. Muddy's has seen better days.

Most of what you said applies to a great deal of clubs in sl these days. Few people know about it, because they don't know staff members. Even less people know staff members' alt accounts.

I happen to know a lot of the staff at one particular venue that seems rather popular and has a pretty high traffic. What I also know is that at any given time at least 50% of the attendee count(often higher), usually pretty busy place, is made up of staff and staff alt accounts. For a while, it was a "highly suggested" point(just shy of requirement) that staff use any alts they have and park them at the venue to help increase traffic. The only reason I know this is because I once worked for them and got to know staff alts over time. They're not very careful at hiding it, much like most places, lol.

I'm not saying whether or not I feel it's right or wrong, as it doesn't much matter, being my opinion and all. Just saying this is not a new practice by any stretch. It happens a lot more places than people think. Often times though, people don't really care. I'm willing to bet a majority of people don't care. As long as they feel like they're having fun.

I don't particularly like Muddy's, mostly because the staff, but not because they are filling the floor leaving less room for attendees. They just don't behave in a manner I enjoy and leave way too much to be desired for such a small place. Which is something I do not understand. They also don't always follow the pg rules, which I find sad. You can't enforce rules you're not going to follow. The club itself is very nice, and most of the non-staff attendees are quite nice. The staff, eh, they need a bit more training, imo. But, that's neither here nor there I suppose. As with your case, any comments made go largely ignored.

One would think posting a review on a place that is honest, albeit perhaps not entirely positive, is a good thing. Venue owners can learn a lot from people willing to give an actual review, even if they can't pretend it's all rainbows and sunshine. So I would hope people don't get flack of any sort for such reviews. Then again, I know they will. Because people don't generally want to be told they're doing something wrong, or could be doing better. Human flaw I suppose.

I agree Muddy's has definitely seen much better days. There isn't as much fun to be had as there could be, and once was. It would do someone well to go there with fresh eyes and experience it from the perspective of someone not tied to it in any manner. Hard to be objective when you're looking at others' reviews of your "baby".

Hello,

I own Muddy's Music Cafe and even though I have never answered or written in a forum before I felt the need to write at this time.

First I wanted to address what I THINK is us being accused of using alts or bots to fill our dance floor and up our traffic.  I can tell you 100 percent that this is not the case.  In fact if I ever caught staff doing this they would be let go.  Our traffic is real. I tried to understand what was meant by rotating our staff or cycling them and was unable to understand what we were being accused of even though I have been in SL for many years.

The reason you see many of the people who work at Muddy's also hang out there is because many of us, me included, consider Muddy's our home.  Muddy's is where we work, play, and hang out. It's our SL home.  Muddy's staff and vips have been there for each with prayers when needed a party when there is something to celebrate.  We cry with each other and we clebrate togeahter.....isn't this what a family does?  I have seen this group of people care for each other and take care of each other in a way I have not experienced in SL in any other place.

The other part of this I want to address is that sometimes some of us are afk at times.  I will speak for me as in the end that is all I can really speak for, I love the music and dj's at Muddy's and often I will turn the music up and go about doing some of my daily RL chores while listening to the great tunes being played.  I never mean this as parking but to me is combining my RL and SL in a way that is fun and enjoyable.  Lot more fun folding clothes and doing dishes listening to good music with some fun dj's.

The second thing I would I would like to address is  the PG not always being observed.  This is an issue that is always being addressed by my management, staff and myself and I am sure will always be.  We tell our dj's that their play list must have only PG songs.  The problem comes in when we are very busy and a dj gets a request and doesn't have a chance to check lyrics.  So we do sometimes have some songs sneak in that shouldn't be. Any of the staff at Muddy's will tell you it is important to me  and to them to keep the venue PG.  When I started Muddy's it was important to me that people like myself that mix my RL and Sl during the day to be able to go about their day logged into Muddy's listening to music and not have to worry about what is being played or what is on the screen.  I have always wanted Mom's or Dad's that are at home with their kids to be able to be in Muddy's and not have to worry what their kids are hearing or seeing while they have their av's in Muddy's.

It does worry me that there are some that feel that we are not as friendly with vips as we should be and I will be sharing this with my staff and also the part about things slipping into the club that are not pg .  I do take this serious as do all the people who work at Muddy's and this will be something I know we will be talking about and seeing  what we can do to  improve on both of these things.  We can always improve and we can always do better and even though this is "my baby" I am open to suggestions for imporvement.  I also want it to be a place in sl that people enjoy, is friendly, where you can come and everyone really does know your name and makes you feel welcome.  Yes, it is hard to hear that we need to work harder on some things, but I assure you that we will.  All of us that work at the club take great pride in Muddy's and I can assure you that the numbers are not as important to us as the people.  

Please always feel to IM me with any concerns or suggestions, as I said we are always open to trying to imporve.

Thank you for your time,

Beth

I have to disagree with allot of what is said here, (minusing Bridgette). I have been a DJ in SL since 2008, (yes started on a alt, Amalthea Westland). And I have been DJing at Muddy's since last year and never encountered what allot of what was said in previous posts here. I compare Muddy's to other very respectable long standing clubs that I have had the privilege to DJ at, and seriously how many clubs can we say that are "respectable long standing clubs", not many unfortunately. 

Yes you are going to find some staff at ANY club that are what we are now calling in SL, "Primadonna's/Diva's", why I have know idea, honestly I think these are the people who zap the fun out of being in SL and quite frankly for staff who are genuine, Management who are genuine, Owners who are genuine, its frustrating as hell to do our best and work hard to stop this behavior with in the SL Club industry. Bots as well as people/staff who go afk, you can do your best to deal with, and you can't be on SL 24/7, and when Management have been informed with my experience working at Muddy's and other EXCELLENT clubs, it gets dealt with immediately. 

Muddy's is a great club to be at and work for, even before I worked at Muddy's I loved going there for the atmosphere. Clubs like Muddy's are very far and few between, working for Bridgette and the wonderful DJs and Hosts is a honor to work for, everyone that I have worked with all work together as a team, no one there has the attitude that they work for them selves (which is a attitude I do not like). 

I understand that there are clubs we are not going to like, and or going to hate, there are some that we are going to love and will always remember, for me Muddy's will always be one of those clubs I am going to always help and DJ at, same with other clubs that are new or old. Im one of those DJs that do not care for Lindons, im only in it to help others and be there for people who are genuine about the craft of entertaining. 

Here in SL your damned if you do and your damned if you don't, no one will ever satisfy or be satisfied, so as far as I am concerned I would rather work for clubs that hit that medium, and Muddy's is that medium for me.