Some scripted objects showing as red

Bitsy Buccaneer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A couple of days ago, some prims starting showing up as red. It looks similar to the View > Highlight Transparent effect, but a bit lighter. The difference is clear when I turn Highlight Transparent on.

As far as I can tell this is limited to scripted objects. It's only on one viewer (Singularity, cleared cache, reinstalled), so I'm wondering if I accidentally ticked something. Can't find what though. Alpha and other texture characteristics don't seem to matter. If two objects with the same texture are next to each other, the one with the script has the red cast and the one without is fine.

Some scripted objects are fine. Don't know enough about scripting to figure out what the common factor is there.

Any ideas?

Sounds like you have "Beacons" turned on, to show scripted objects. It is kind of a light, redish, pinkish color... Not sure where beacons are located in singularity, but I am willing to bet that's it.. Old viewer used to pull up beacons with ctrl-N or something like that.. But look in advanced if they are not in your world menu

• 10 years later...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Yes it was worth bumping because I had the same issue and I am so happy I did a Google search and saw the exact same issue in this thread.  Thank you Bitsy and Dilbert.  Easy peasy fix.  

Tin Piek

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 252 days.