On going Quicktime error. HELP! !

BrianneReilly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

All te time i get Media Plugin Quicktime error thing. Im on CatzNip Veiwer.When i 1st got on this veiwer it was fine i watched Videos and everything.. But not now. Im willing to try other veiwers But in hesitant if it just not goingto work. Can some one please help me fix this issue

6 answers to this question

Generally this happens when you don''t have the right version of Quicktime.  Have you updated your Quicktime lately?  I had tot update mine recently because of the same issue.  If you have you may want to contact the developers of the viewer, perhaps you need to use an earlier version of Quicktime because the newer version isn't compatible.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is of any help at all. It might not be...

But I have had this error message on a Mac from time to time. The solution in my case has been to change the group permissions on the files making up the program. (There are separate permissions for owner, group and world.) That is, I have had to give read & write permissions on the content of the app. The error, and the need to change permissions, have happend if I installed the viewer on a different system account than the one I start the viewer on. The problem does happen on viewer 1 based viewers, but not viewer2/3 based ones.

What I'm wondering is there could be some sort of permission issue on windows as well causing the error, or if there could be something with the user account type on your system?

- Luc -

In order to play Flash format videos (eg YouTube videos), you must have the generic Adobe Flash plugin installed. If you use IE as your web browser and already have Flash, you will need to get the generic Flash plugin; see here. linux users need to have gstreamer installed, with the “bad” plugin set.

Check the Plugin File:

• Relog and open Search
  • Go to your computer processes and look for “slplugin.exe”
    • For Windows users, go to Task Manager → Processes Tab
    • For Mac users, go to Activity Monitor → My Processes (usually by default, but you can check top right drop down)
    • For Linux users, go to Command Terminal, and type “ps aux”
    • You may see four instances of the slplugin running (that is normal behavior)
    • If you do not see any instances of slplugin running, that is the cause of media failing
  • If slplugin is not running, disable all firewall and virus protection (including anti-virus software and windows or other operating system firewalls)
  • Relog and attempt video playback again
  • If it works, you will need to stop your firewall/virus protection from blocking the slplugin file by granting it appropriate permissions in your firewall/virus protection software

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.