[Script help] Click an object to pop up a menu for purchase by name.

HisaDrug

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday my mate helped me out get a hold of a clickable script that allows me to put an object on sale for 4 separate objects in the menu, which is pretty common vendor for inworld shop. However, I'd like to have them by separate names, not  by price. Anyone can help me for this, id be muchly appreciated for this. Thank you !!

Innula's right.  Unless you plan on writing the LSL script yourself and need some help in doing it, please do not repost this in the LSL Scripting forum.  Your best bet is to look in Marketplace or post a note in the Wanted forum to see if anyone has a script that does what you want.  If you are a little more adventurous and know enough about scripting to know what you are doing with it, you can also look among the various script libraries here in the forums, in the Second Life wiki, or on the Internet.  It may be easiest, though, to simply  hire a scripter to write what you want.  It's not a terribly hard script to write, so you should get quick responses.  Post your request in the InWorld Employment forum. 

Yeah this is wot Im talking about ! haha my scriptting is this.

integer price1 = 100;

integer price2 = 200;

integer price3 = 300;

integer price4 = 400;

{

state_entry()

{

llSetPayPrice(PAY_HIDE, [PAY_HIDE ,PAY_HIDE, PAY_HIDE, PAY_HIDE]);

llSetPayPrice(PAY_HIDE, [150,PAY_HIDE,PAY_HIDE,PAY_HIDE]);

llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(), PERMISSION_DEBIT);

key id = llDetectedKey(0);

}

run_time_permissions(integer perm)

{

if(perm & PERMISSION_DEBIT)

state cash;

}

}

state cash

{

state_entry()

{

llSetPayPrice(price1, [price1, price2, price3, price4]);

}

money(key id, integer amount)

{

if(amount == price1)

{

llInstantMessage(id, "Thank You for Buy Our.:.[*JiHyunChel*].:. Cloth :)");

string item = "test111";

llGiveInventory(id, item);

}

else if(amount ==price2)

{

string item = "test222";

}

else if(amount ==price3)

{

string item = "test333";

}

else if(amount ==price4)

{

string item = "test444";

}

else

{

llGiveMoney(id, amount);

llInstantMessage(id, "You paid "+(string)amount+", Which is the Wrong Price, The Price Are: L$"+(string)price1+", L$"+(string)price2+", L$"+(string)price3+", L$"+(string)price4+"Please Check Your Money and Try it again.");

}

}

}

This is going to be a lot easier to answer in the scripting tips forum, where we can post code properly. It also raises some interesting questions -- I know how I do it, but I'd be interested to see what other people's approaches are.

If you ask about getting it moved, I'll try to help you there. I'll ask for it to be moved too.

Personally, I'd change the problem to make it a single-prim vendor.  (Yes, I know that's cheating.  I prefer to call it "thinking outside the box." :matte-motes-wink-tongue:)

I'd have the choice of item be made on the scripted prim itself, so the buyer would click a specific area for a specific product, the vendor would visually change to indicate which product was to be bought and the one corresponding pay price would be set in the script.

(There are various ways to detect which choice is made and to effect that visual change--more now that the vendor can be Mesh.)

While I agree with Qie that a single prim vendor is almost certainly a better way to do this than presenting people with a menu, the basic idea is the same. 

You need to capture the customer's choice of product,  determine the price, and then sell it.     I'd do this by storing the items and prices in a list.   Then when someone touches the item for the first time, give them a menu of items from which to choose.   Store the choice,  look up the price, ask them to confirm their choice and pay for it.

You'll need to run a timer, I think, in case they simply wander off (or crash) and also do something to stop other people using the vendor while someone's trying to buy stuff.   This is a case where I think states would be useful, since that's an easy way to make the vendor touchable at some times and not others, payable at some times and not others, and so on.

So, I would grab the debit permissions in state default and then move to state running when I had them.

In state running I'd grab the uuid of the person who touches the vendor (assuming it's not use) and give them a menu based on the list of contents and prices.  Something like 

list products =[	"Cube",10,	"Sphere",20,	"Tube",30,	"Torus",50		];llDialog(user,"Please choose a product",llList2ListStrided(products,0,-1,2),dialog_chan);//list of product names as buttons

Then in the listen event, I'd do something like

listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message)	{		if("Yes"==message){			state vending;		}		if("No"==message){			llDialog(user,"Please choose a product",llList2ListStrided(products,0,-1,2),dialog_chan);//list of product names as buttons		}		integer s = llListFindList(products,[message]);		if(~s){			item = llList2String(products,s);			price = llList2Integer(products,(s+1);			llDialog(user,"Do you want to buy a "+item+" at a price of L$"+(string)price,["Yes","No"],dialog_chan);//confirmation message		}	}

and then in state vending do something like this

state vending{	state_entry()	{		llSetClickAction(CLICK_ACTION_PAY);		llSetPayPrice(PAY_HIDE,[price]);		llSetTimerEvent(20.0);		llRegionSayTo(user,0,"Please pay the vendor L$ "+(string)price);	}	money(key giver, integer amount)	{		if(giver==user && amount == price){			llGiveInventory(user,item);			llSetTimerEvent(0.0);			state running;		}		else{			//give refund if paid by the wrong person...		}	}}

Obviously these are just fragments round which to build your code -- in particular you're going to need timer events to handle cases were the user loses interest part way through the process or crashes or whatever.   You'll also want to return to state default from each state when the owner changes and possibly on_rez too.   Don't forget to set llClickAction(CLICK_ACTION_TOUCH) when you enter state running.   I'd make it ask for permissions on touch in state default, too, in case they're not granted immediately.

But that would be my general approach. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.