Standing pose problem

TransPleasure

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I created a 2 frame standing pose (1st frame T-pose-2nd frame my pose) with qavimator and I exported it as .bvh.

I wanted to use that pose when someone sits on a prim.

Now, when I run it in world as a standalone animation, it does exactly what I want, but when I use it through a prim, something weird happens. Below my waist the pose is right but above things are like a weak tree being hit by wind lol the body does slow circles.

Whats worng with it?

Thank you!!!

You mean it bends at the waist and rotates at a 90 degree angle? I've had that happning from time to time. A long time since now, though. After standing up and sitting down it stopped for me. Does it happen all the time when you sit on the prim?

Also, any bone you want to override the default animations has to be different between frame one and two. Torso and chest also.

- Luc -

lol. It's funny, but a bit desturbing as well to watch that happeing.

It sounds like you have the same issue I have from time to time, and I'm sorry to say, I don't know how to fix this as long as your animation is made correctly. In my case it usually stops when I stand up and sit down again. That's all I know to do...

I hope someone else can give you advice and that you get it sorted out... :)

- Luc -

It looks as if you have more animations running.
If it is when you sit and not when you stand, I am tempted to say it is the default sit that is playing together with your animation.
As someone said: bones that are not moved after the T-pose frame will be animated by another animation, if one is running.
To stop the default sit animation use llStopAnimation("sit");
To stop all animations you can include these three lines in your script:

list allAnims = llGetAnimationList( llAvatarOnSitTarget());integer i = llGetListLength( allAnims);while ( i>0 ) llStopAnimation( llList2Key( allAnims, --i));

Of course this will only work when someone is sitting on the object

What is probably happening is the looping bug is affecting your pose. Basically, LL has never fixed a 5+ year old looping bug that tends to triplicate the first frame. Now, it's not as straight forward as that cause it depends on the length of your animation. I don't generally see this, as I never make 2 frame animations. I don't do this for a number of reasons. The first reason is the looping bug. The 2nd reason is that I don't like snapping into place when the animation plays. So, what I do is I make the pose half a dozen frames, and at least 1 second long. When I upload it, I add a slight in%, and also add a half second blend time to the beginning and end.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.