Sign in to follow this  
CuteHunniTeddy

How to make a secondlife christmas more realistic?

okay so, I'm in a new family in the sense that I'm the first child my mom ever adopted and she still has no clue on what to do with us. I want to plan a christmas for us, and want to know if it is a possibility to actually open gifts together whether it be that you buy a box that looks like a present and then fill it with the items that you buy (but everything would have to be transferable wouldnt it?)

also do any sims open to sell christmas trees and be able to pick and choose? is there a way to then decorate these trees? anyway of getting snow on the sky platform we live on?

this is also my first sl christmas :3

any ideas would be appreciated, thanks lots and lots

- Lia

There are quite a few places during the holidays that offer gifts that can be transfered, so there is no reason you shouldn't be able to open gifts together. There will be Christmas stores opening that will have trees, and everything else you will need. There will be places to go to have fun, including sleigh rides and ice skating. I love the holidays in SL!! As we get closer to the holidays you should be able to find plenty of places in Search. Have fun!

Star

Welcome to Second Life. :)

Yes you can fill a gift box with anything you want as long as the item and the box are transferable, and give it to an intended recipient. You can also use a gift vendor in world, or send a gift through marketplace as Jo linked you to.

Christmas is big in Second Life. (So is Halloween, although dressing up as something else when we're already something else i.e. an avatar...but still it's fun.) There are ice skating sims, Christmas sims, and just about everything Christmas-y that you might find in real life is also in Second Life. You have some fun to look forward to. :)

ETA: I have some full perm gift boxes if you want them, send me an IM in world (I don't check the forums often.) By Christmas you will probably find many others, but still. Then you'd just find a gift that transfers (make sure before you buy), and put it in there. Someone can tell you how. 

As for decorating a Christmas tree, if you got a modifyable tree you could probably add stuff. There are other trees which you can click to change the texture of. There are animated poses that look like you are hanging something on the tree. As yet nothing really combines animation with changing a physical object in Second Life, that I know of. But you can get halfway there and pretend the rest of the way. 

Yes you can have snow. I also have a freebie snow maker if you want that. It's a simple one but it works. You can create most atmospheres in Second Life. If you are on a sky platform you can use a snow texture to make snowy ground. People also make shapes with snow textures to mimic snow piles.

There are a lot of Christmas things that are sold year round on the Marketplace.  Just type Christmas in search to find them.  You can look now to get an idea of all the many things that are offered and start your planning.  If you see something you must have you can even buy it now, but a lot more will be added as we approach the holidays and as others have said, there will be a lot more Christmas merchandise available in world too.

I love Minke Bailey's Christmas stuff. She has a lot of variety and most of it is copyable for a decent price, so you can rez more than one tree etc. if you have more than one place or a big sim. She also sells transferable gift boxes that are gorgeous. If you look up her profile in world or by merchant name in marketplace you will find her stuff.

:::waves to Melita::::

I have very fond memories of the Forum Secret Santa episode from Christmas past.  I had such a fun time searching out neat little things, boxing them and sending them to my recipient in the spirit of the Twelve Days of Christmas.  Such a blast that was.