Sign in to follow this  
Baiphen Quintessa

RLV Relay

Alright so...was using the PhoenixViewer...switched to Firestorm because Phoenix was popping up with "could not detect RLV". Master frustrated kinda. Firestorm gave me the same pop up. Made sure that the RLV was active through my collar that I had bought at Think Kink and the little tab uptop. Master a little more frustrated cause he wants to chuck me in a cage I can't get out of. Finally went and downloaded the RLV viewer...and now the pop up is "not using a working relay". Am wondering if it's something I'm doing? I'm the first owner (yes, of myself because my bestie told me it's the smart thing to do in case your Master leaves you and you're in nadu surrounded by wolves) or is it the cage or did I not download something else. Master will soon just chuck me on a post for an hour so if anyone actually understands this bit of garbled mess and could tell me where I screwed up...it would be awsome.

Thanks

Bai

Two possabilites.  1. You don't have a relay, you have to have both RLV capable viewer and a relay in world.  2. You didn't turn RLV on.  In Firestorm, its under preferences ->Firestorm->general "allow remote scripted . . ."

Your Master can check if you're actually using RLV simply by sending you a one-word IM,  "@version" (no quotes).  If RLV/RLVa is activated in your viewer, then you shouldn't see anything and He should get details of the version you're using.

If this confirms you've got RLV turned on, then I think the problem may be with the relay you're using.  Make sure you're got an up-to-date one (I use the Think Kink one, but Satomi's is very good, too) and also make sure that, if there's a relay in your collar, that's turned off (I don't know them that well, but my experience is that Tokon collars, in particular, don't always play nicely with other items).

Certainly if you're using Firestorm and an up-to-date relay, everything should be working.

Tokon actually plays quite well, with TOKON products that is. The system itself is also high in script which means in high lag sims you are going to wait for it to respond. It's great for home play but frankly there are free relays that work great too without having to switch systems.

Yeah, I'm sure it works well with other Tokon products.  But my experience of testing items I make has always been that when one particular tester is having difficulties with the item and no one else is, more often than not the tester is using a Tokon relay.  

I'm not saying Tokon relays don't work with other people's products, of course, or that, if they don't, it's always the Tokon relay's fault.    On the contrary, usually there's no problem.  

But what I am saying is that if someone is having otherwise inexplicable issues with RLV and relay-based products, one of the first things I'd check is if they're using a Tokon relay, (after I've checked they using a viewer with an up-to-date version of RLV/RLVa, which was my first thought until the OP said she'd tried it with Firestorm too).

So you guys have been super awsome and have managed to answer my question and helped me to fix the problem. Which was part me and part SL/viewer....thank you bunches. I knew that I could solve it if I came here.

Thanks

Bai