Sign in to follow this  
Donivan Blackrain

Serious dedicated rpers???

It seems very hard to find serious rp in SL. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I enjoy exploring and interacting on rp sims, but what I have been searching for is a close group to rp within - like a family of lycans, elves or even mercenaries. I want a group where there is a heirarchy - an appointed leader whom the members have an allegiance too and ranks.
In no way am i looking for a family/clan who spend all their time bickering or trying to have sex with each other. If anyone has any suggestions on where I can find such rp please let me know! I'd be forever in dept to you!

THANKS!!

Check this thread. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Role-Play/Welcome-to-Pleasant-City-Post-Apocalyptic-RP/td-p/1621413

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for. The sim is a bit new to have any real heirarchy yet. But it's worth your time to look. There are people rping usually at lleast 4 or 5 times a week.

The overall theme is "semi-realistic post apocalypse." This means all characters are human, so we don't have the lycans or elves you're looking for. But mercenaries are a definite possibility. Right now, we have three kinds of characters for people to choose from, and making your character something in between a couple of hem is perfectly okay.

Groups are in the process of forming. It takes a minimum of five people and notification to the group's owner to form an official group. As of right now, there are a couple of four member groups waiting for that fifth to go official.

Players can supmit plot ideas, and in some cases, even run the plot! There are storytellers and narrators available upon request, and notifications are sent frequently to keep everyone who rp's there in the loop. Participation in any of the ongoing storylines or events is optional.

The sim is small in size, and the players there still small in number, but the players are all serious, and the sim is much larger than it looks at first glance. It makes use of a very elaborate teleport system (if it looks like a tunnel, it goes somewhere.)

Very true Donivan! I'm also searching for a really serious RP sim.

I will try out Pleasant City too.

Any more suggestions?

Your best bet in Pleasant City is to join the OOC group, and use that to rally up some rp'ers when you're in the mood. It's still so small that often people are busy doing things OOCly that they're more than willing to drop at the mention of a possible scene. The sim has only existed for a month, so hopefully, in time, it'll become a matter of just log in and rp's there.

If you're looking for serious roleplays, I would recommend the alterscape communities, especially Dead End and Crack Den.  The roleplayers there are extrememly serious (sometimes maybe even a little too serious about their rp).  Crack Den is one of the most popular if not the most popular of its kind; both sims are very well done. 

Hi Donivan

If you want to participate in quality RP in the realms of fae/fantasy come have a look at Cadair Braeden. There are hierarchies as you describe, very little OOC drama, the sims are almost always busy and the sexuality is muted.

http://cadair.ning.com/