Firestorm Phoenix Viewer Program Crashes

AmbiiLove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I have tried this question before, but the answers did not help. Every time I click on upload my viwer crashes and sends a error report and close. When I log back in, it does it again. I really want to upload some pictures so if you could please help, that would make me really happy. I just dont understand why the viewer crashes as soon as I press upload :(

REPLIES

OMG!! thank you guys sooo much!! both of you were very helpful and I fixed the problem.. I could not find the last part of the chart, I guess I didnt have it but its ok I just uninstalled it completely!! lol Im sooo happy I can send pictures and textures again. I was about to give up all hope! But thanks again, and I wonder why you cant have both? thats a little weird lol but ummm thank you thank you thank you :) :)

18 answers to this question

From the Firestorm Wiki:

If you are crashing when you try to upload a texture, please try disabling VBO, as described above (below). Also, if you are on Windows and running Microsoft Skydrive, you will need to perform the workaround listed in the Comments section on FIRE-6186.

Disable VBO: Run Firestorm and before logging in, press Ctrl-P to bring up the Preferences window. Then click on Graphics → Hardware Settings tab. Make sure that “Enable OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects” is not checked.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_run_crash

• Like 4

I downloaded the new firestorm August 29, 2012 and I for the most part am fine...then all of the sudden

I log in and crash and there is no apparent reason for it...How can I be fine for days and then random crash.  

I have looked everywhere for the answer and nothing applies to me.  I don't get error messages nothing just crash.

I don't think disconnecting because I can tell difference....this is inventory loading and then poof gone....I can be on for 4 days straight and not have an issue. And then for 3 days I keep crashing. I never had this issue until at same time LL did inventory something and Firestorm did update on viewer....ever since I am a mess...

On firestorm I can't get more then 26,000 items of clothes and now everything good...On Exodus I get all my inventory but never stop being a cloud....

I think it's just a big SL hiccup I don't honestly have any clue....and not my computer I know that for sure.

If you are not getting an error message, then you are not crashing, by definition. A crash happens from within SL and it always produces some kind of error message. If you are suddenly outside SL and there was no error message, you disconnected. That's not a problem with SL. It's a problem with your computer or your Internet connection. If you can't stop being a cloud, that' another good sign that you have a connection issue. If you have been on wireless, get rid of it now. If it has been more than a few days since you rebooted your router, unplug it from the power for a few minutes to clear its RAM. Those two steps may be enough to clear the problems. If not, take a good look at Nalates's blog for other tips >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

I still can not log in with Firestorm been a week now and all I get is it times out and says can not connect to the simulator, why is there so many problems with Firestorm I just started using did work for me for months but you are creating so much mesh stuff you are forcing my hand now after a couple of weeks of using it back to the problems I need some answers please

First --- This is a resident-to-resident Answer site. We are all residents like you. No Lindens ever come here. "We" aren't doing anything to your SL. Second, mesh has nothing to do with your login problem. Chances are good that you have forgotten to empty all of your saved notifications for a long time. They've piled up to such a huge stack that the viewer times out trying to list them all. It is possible for a buildup of too many notifications to cause Firestorm to disconnect during or shortly after login. If you experience such disconnections repeatedly on Firestorm, then follow the instructions under “Firestorm Logs Out During Login” here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_install_crash

This issue certainly was re-introduced with Version 4.3.1

i have tried any of the available suggestions from this thread, the Jira, the Wiki

The first upload always works fine, the second will cause a freeze up of the program.

This must be something they picked up from the SL Viewer code because the same happens there.

I would blame my computer if I hadn't tried on 3 different systems from 3 different generations. I get the worst results on my new High End PC.

Most of my friends have the same problems and the tips didn't help them either. None of use uses SkyDrive btw.

IF you have fixed this issue with any other solution please reply because with all seriousness i cannot go on like this.

PS i have never encountered in such a problem before this release.

• Like 1

FireStorm always crashes right after the "VFS," hits my system(Vista) and for the past year.I run a lap top. And for over a year I've tried to get help but no one answers...Will I need an Attorney to get any help?This,i must remind all of you this is a vurtial reality computer game not a work place to improve anything.LL keeps on discontinuing viewers and I stopped trying them all.Maybe thats my problem.With all the viewers i used last year my computer crashed and had to restore it.When FireStorm first came out,I used it.no problem..Since I don't work for LL and i pay LL to run a game I shouldn't have to restore a problem all LL should have been aware of it.And I've done all i can wht was asked me to do and still crashes on FIRESTORM.So..why not LL just buy EMERALD and stop the headache? Or is it the facts that you people just care about the $$$$$ and screw the customer

• Like 1

I was using Phoenix and never had a problem. Then all of a sudden I crashed when I tried to upload. Even after switching to Firestorm the issue persisted. I read several blogs and found out that after I deleted Microsoft Storm (I think that's the name) I can now upload.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.