The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Shocking isn't it.  Still it's true. 

Here's the situation - There is an option to say who can start to follow you.  There is no option for who you will be following 'automagically.'  The LL has decided that everyone will start to follow all their friends if the friends allow it.   Now I have to go to mysecondlife.com every time I add a friend to unfollow them.

Yes, it's not a huge tragedy.  It is a pain tho.  Everyone has their own preferences.  But why can't I have my own preferences?  I mean for me why do I want to follow all those people?  I don't know who most of them are anymore. LOL

And another thing - I can look at my list of friends and see which I am following.  Why am I not being shown which of them is following me?  Yes, I have it set so no one can start to follow me.  Doesn't get the job done really.

So there - I'm generally not going to follow my friends and if I want to I want to do it myself.

LL tried to make their own little Facebook thingy here. It should get at least an "E" for effort.

Tiffy Vella wrote:

"Friends" list is such a bad term for it, but we've all had that conversation already.

Which is why Niran has changed it to Acquaintances in his viewer. 

But then Acquaintances is not the right term for genuine Friends so maybe we should call the list Friends & Acquaintances or maybe two lists, one Friends and one Acquaintances and we could swap them over as an Acquaintance becomes a Friend and vice versa. Nah, just kidding. :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:

I seem to remember a feature somewhat similar to that being planned around the time viewer 2 was introdused, where it seemed you would be able to group, or categorize, the list - create folders and move people in and out of folders to better organize the friendslist. Now if you could set permissions/rights on separately on each folder and the people you moved into a folder inherited those settings (with individual override possibilities), I think that would have helped a lot.

I never understood why the feature never came to anything.

Not that it would help the OP regarding the following thing, though...

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.