Another question about unsupported cards

SilvarinDarklight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

in case my last question edit went unnoticed or ignored about my card being an unsupported card type

if it is an unsupported card type then why does it still take money from my account when i enter it in as a method. In every way i see it that is theft BECAUSE i cant use the card by it being an unsupported card type yet i cans till enter it in as a payment method???? That to me is just a method for linden labs to take my money... So now my question turns to this focus... is the card type really unsupported or did LL jsut make it that way? I'm getting really suspicious and i think to have fair reason to be. So just a simple copy and paste from the knowledge base isnt a good enough answer for me, I want a real answer not some cheap quick answer.

3 answers to this question

That wasn't a "cheap, quick answer", it was 100% correct.  Did you take the time to READ it?

LL makes a couple of $1 "verification" transactions to any card you attempt to register.  They may show up (briefly) on your online transaction statement for the card, but NO MONEY IS ACTUALLY CHARGED.  The transactions will be reversed, whether or not your card is accepted as a payment method by LL.

I see that the Knowledge Base article on billing problems lists several typical reasons why transactions fail, at least one of which involves contacting the card issuer to rectify the problem ("The issuing bank has not pre-approved transactions with Linden Research, Inc. Contact the issuing bank to resolve the problem.").   It also suggests that, if none of the reasons they list seem applicable, it would be advisable to contact the issuing bank to see if they can assist.

As well as contacting LL's billing department, have you contacted the card issuer to see if they can cast any light on the matter?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.