Do you do custom art for SL

NealCrz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looks cool, but I don't know what you wanted to get.. The person above me said good advice, always make sure you don't have those lines visible, any lines actually. Either erase them or mask and then apply gradient (black to transparent) over your mask so you get a smooth transition. Masking is always better than erasing:)

When you combine different photos make sure they are simillar sizes, or if not then either blur bigger or sharpen smaller so they fit well together. Also, try and use big photos while you work, you can scale down the final texture to desired size. Don't be affraid to make something different and play with layer effects and different colors.

Here is my idea (I downloaded your guitar pic, took some random frame and took screenshot from ps) Sry its messy lol, its just a quick idea I had.. you can see how the guitar layer is blurred while the frame is perfectly clear, this is what we want to avoid. Also, the colors don't really match in mine :P

Idea.png

Tamara Artis wrote:

Looks cool, but I don't know what you wanted to get.. The person above me said good advice, always make sure you don't have those lines visible, any lines actually. Either erase them or mask and then apply gradient (black to transparent) over your mask so you get a smooth transition. Masking is always better than erasing:)

When you combine different photos make sure they are simillar sizes, or if not then either blur bigger or sharpen smaller so they fit well together. Also, try and use big photos while you work, you can scale down the final texture to desired size. Don't be affraid to make something different and play with layer effects and different colors.

Here is my idea (I downloaded your guitar pic, took some random frame and took screenshot from ps) Sry its messy lol, its just a quick idea I had.. you can see how the guitar layer is blurred while the frame is perfectly clear, this is what we want to avoid. Also, the colors don't really match in mine
:P

Idea.png

Thank you Tamara for the help and taking the time to give such a clear explanation.  I picked up several tips from your post.  Thanks again,

Neal

I may be biased because I'm a guitarist. But it looks odd. The artwork for the back of the guitar is upside down. Most guitarist would have artwork rotated the other way. Normally on the front of the guitar as well because that's the side everyone sees when you perform. I suppose because it's an art piece you could argue it doesn't matter. Which is fine, but for a guitar player it would definitely look nicer the other way around. The question is: could you make the artwork fit?

So, I'd vote for rotate or flip the photo so that the subject's heads are closest to the neck of the guitar. 

Then I'd  I would rotate or flip the whole guitar so the neck is pointing up as well. Voila! Guitar players will be happy.

Good luck with your art.

Tim3D wrote:

I may be biased because I'm a guitarist. But it looks odd. 
The artwork for the back of the guitar is upside down. 
Most guitarist would have artwork rotated the other way. Normally on the front of the guitar as well because that's the side everyone sees when you perform. I suppose because it's an art piece you could argue it doesn't matter. Which is fine, but for a guitar player it would definitely look nicer the other way around. The question is: could you make the artwork fit?

So, I'd vote for
rotate or flip 
the photo so that the subject's heads are closest to the neck of the guitar. 

Then I'd  I would rotate or flip the whole guitar so the neck is pointing up as well. Voila! Guitar players will be happy.

Good luck with your art.

So funny you say that :).  I play as well and started exactly in the orientation you mention.  Then on the back -180degrees and not dice for me.  I get what you mean 4sure. ha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.