Phoenix performance vs. Firestorm

beanster Potato

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is probably not the right place to ask but im not sure where else to place this as the Phoenix forum seems to be out of order/date? Plus I became kind of desperate ; )

Ok so Phoenix (1691) viewer has always ran very smooth on my laptop but since its becoming too much out of date, i've finally upgraded to Firestorm when the latest version came out (28744) The viewer looks great and contains all features needed only its performance is very poor compared to Phoenix as im constantly lagging where lag meter keeps telling 'images loading' almost all of the time which makes it hard to zoom around, it gets even worse when editing prims.

Things i've tried so far: All possible settings ingame as well as nvidia graphic panel settings, fully removed/installed older/newer graphics drivers, several clean installs of viewer, removed other viewer, reinstalling networkcard drivers, switching off nod antivirus... im running out of ideas. Since phoenix runs very well, i've tried to set the (mostly graphic) settings in Firestorm exactly the same as in Phoenix but there are a few settings im not able to find in Firestorm so maybe someone is able to point them out to me; please see screenshot. It most likely wont make a difference either but I would like to have tried everything to get this viewer to run properly.. thanks in advance : )

graphic settings firestorm.jpg

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9000 @ 2.00GHz (1999.97 MHz)

Memory: 4095 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 260M/PCI/SSE2

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)

Voice Server Version: Not Connected

Settings mode: Phoenix

Viewer Skin: vintage (classic)

Draw distance: 128

Bandwidth: 900

LOD factor: 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.