Bombarded with strange notecards when logging on!!!

WillowMrei

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I have noticed that when ever I visit a friend of mines world and stay there for the night and log off, when I get back on SL in the morning my screen is full of those boxes that tell you you can keep or discard something. They are all the same with random numbers and they usually say this:

Your object named 972763d6-98bb-4c9b-af05-fb834092d31b933045.800000 has given you this notecard:
'_______________________________________________________________' 

Its annoying and its gotten to the point that even if i delete some there is STILL either a lot left to go or I keep receiving more! Can I please have some help? I just dont understand it....

I also pressed the notecard and it mentioned Anna's Leash left handed or something? I took that object out and blocked then deleted it to see if it would do anything. Is it my friends item? What does she have to do with it?

3 answers to this question

The next time you get one of those messages select the Block [Mute] option. Problem solved. If you notice that the UUID is constantly changing please report the object or UUID to LL ASAP.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Blocking/ta-p/700121

Your friend has a spamming object on his parcel somewhere. It spawns random objects to spam those who visit within it's agent detection range. He needs to return all objects not belonging to ,him or not known to be safe. If he can find the object he should file an abuse report on it.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

Good Luck.

P.S. - If you lease these parcels and have purchased them into a group or are the owner outright - Use the information on the following wiki page to locate objects not belonging to you and return them

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-parcel/ta-p/700113#Section_.4

If you rent space & prims from someone who owns the parcel, then contact your landlord ASAP and have them do the locate and return of the objects not belonging on the parcel/region.

• Like 2

I'm a bit puzzled about why it's your object causing problems, unless you were tricked into rezzing a griefing object some unpleasant person had given you.

Anyway, I've just made something that gives me a notecard and got the equivalent message.   When I accepted the notecard, I got a message in my chat history saying 

Second Life: Object owned by Innula Zenovka gave you 'New Note'  ( Sandbox Colborne (160,142,26) ).

The Sandbox Colborne bit was a clickable slurl to where the object was.   So that might well be worth checking.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.