Object Spamming

Matilda Pinion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone, I have an object which is spamming me a couple of times a week up to 400 times in one go! Its not somthing that i have looked at or created by a person i know. Its a notecard with a collar and some rules for the collar!!! I have sent a notecard to the creator asking them what and why its getting offered to me but they have sent no response. 

As far as i cant tell its not attached to me nor is it on my land, is there anyway i can locate the object or at least block it?

Many thanks Mati x

This is the message in my chat window 

[08:06] Second Life: e7185958-c7c2-491e-b23d-c55ec5f758a812663.140000 owned by Matilda Pinion gave you '_______________________________________________________________' ( Scotia Island (17,57,4000) ).
[08:07] Second Life: You decline '_______________________________________________________________' ( Scotia Island (17,56,4000) ) from e7185958-c7c2-491e-b23d-c55ec5f758a8984006.300000.

it doesnt give me a name to block :(

16 answers to this question

Hi no its not on parcel at least its not in objects when i look in "about land" but it could be on my neighbors we both have ban lines so i cant go and look for it either. I have looked at the location on world map and Teleported to the location but even with transparency on i dont see anything :(

This is the message in my chat window

[08:06] Second Life: e7185958-c7c2-491e-b23d-c55ec5f758a812663.140000 owned by Matilda Pinion gave you '_______________________________________________________________' ( Scotia Island (17,57,4000) ).

[08:07] Second Life: You decline '_______________________________________________________________' ( Scotia Island (17,56,4000) ) from e7185958-c7c2-491e-b23d-c55ec5f758a8984006.300000.

it doesnt give me a name to block

Have you actually gone to that location and looked for it? (Turn on View Transparent if it's not visible.)

The message says that's it's owned by you, so you should be able to just delete it, even if it's on your neighbor's parcel (or return it if it actually belongs to someone else and is on yours).

If it's on your neighbor's parcel and you can't get close enough to see it, you should contact him/her and see about getting it returned.

The next time you get one of those messages select the Block [Mute] option. Problem solved. If you notice that the UUID is constantly changing please report the object or UUID to LL ASAP.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Blocking/ta-p/700121

You have a spamming object on or near your parcel somewhere. It spawns random objects to spam those who visit within it's agent detection range then it deletes itself to prevent blocking. This is a griefer object behavior. You or your neighbor need to return all objects not belonging to you both or that are not known to be safe. If you can find the object spawning the temp spam objects you should file an abuse report on it.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

Good Luck.

P.S. - If you lease these parcels and have purchased them into a group or are the owner outright - Use the information on the following wiki page to locate objects not belonging to you and return them

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-parcel/ta-p/700113#Section_...

If you rent space & prims from someone who owns the parcel, then contact your landlord ASAP and have them do the locate and return of the objects not belonging on the parcel/region.

I'd like to re-activate this thread since the same thing is happening to me and none of the answers here seem to actually work (or make much sense).   

Every time I log on, I'm greeted with floods of SPAM that is only relived by the cap limit.  (see picture) 

The advice is of course to block it, but it's coming from a UUID that just constantly changes.  

I can't search for objects or avatars by UUID.  The only location it mentions is my own location, so I can't go and look for it either, although I have a suspicion about what sim the evil came from.  

BTW before you say it, there are no foreign objects in my parcel, I have scanned my whole plot very carefully.  It's also not attached to me or an object in my inventory.  It seems that someone has probably just nabbed my UUID by way of a malicious object and I'm on a SPAM list, but I have no way of finding out who owns that list or who/what is sending me the SPAM.  

I searched for at least an hour on this and in particular, I find LL's "advice" to basically go back to the sim where the malicious object attached to you to "look for it" ... to be very poor, and very dangerous advice indeed.  

The building where the suspicious object (may have) attached to me is no longer there and even with beacons turned on there is no way I will ever find it.  The sim has 100's of scripted objects, there MAY be one that is spamming me, but it may not be there at all.  It would take a year to check them all out and there are more scripted objects  in the sim than I could eve add to my block list anyway.  

How is it that with Second Life as old as it now is ... a person can still SPAM someone else with an object and yet they have no way to find out who the owner of the object is, where the object is, or what the object's UUID is?    

Any advice?  Anyone?  

Someone recognises the maker or the object so I can block it?  

Anyone resolved this problem before?  

Sylvia

Screenshot 2019-06-05 at 8.59.12 AM.png

@Sylvia Wasp

somebody (not very nice, or as a not very funny joke) gave you this object  (it contains a mod of a really ancient grief script). And you have rezzed it.  The object (which you own) is at the coordinates Sage (80, 59, 3001)

to remove it then enable menu: Build \  Options \ Select by surrounding

then open the Build Editor, click on the sky near the coordinates and drag your mouse. Will see a yellow rectangle on your screen. When the rectangle contains the object then it is selected and you can delete it

if the object is super tiny then you might need more than one go at selecting it. Try from different angles if necessary.  A way to help get the right area to select  is to rez a box and place it at 80, 59, 3000, so the object center is somewhere about 1 meter above your rezzed box 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mollymews said:

@Sylvia Wasp

somebody (not very nice, or as a not very funny joke) gave you this object  (it contains a mod of a really ancient grief script). And you have rezzed it.  The object (which you own) is at the coordinates Sage (80, 59, 3001)

to remove it then enable menu: Build \  Options \ Select by surrounding

then open the Build Editor, click on the sky near the coordinates and drag your mouse. Will see a yellow rectangle on your screen. When the rectangle contains the object then it is selected and you can delete it

if the object is super tiny then you might need more than one go at selecting it. Try from different angles if necessary.  A way to help get the right area to select  is to rez a box and place it at 80, 59, 3000, so the object center is somewhere about 1 meter above your rezzed box 

I would add to this, turn on "view transparent" with CTRL+ALT+T.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.