Sign in to follow this  
Sakinan

Have a hard time making friends or finding a decent guy?

Personally, wouldn`t mind partnering, but just mentioning "pixel action" and i`ll "lol&go away"

Not to mention that the girl would have to swallow her public ego partnering another female avi as i`ll be damned to twiddle my thumbs on my male alt that is as useless as pixel action :-)

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

Personally, wouldn`t mind partnering, but just mentioning "pixel action" and i`ll "lol&go away"

Not to mention that the girl would have to swallow her public ego partnering another female avi as i`ll be damned to twiddle my thumbs on my male alt that is as useless as pixel action :-)

That's my deal too, Alicia.  I'm not into "pixel action" - I'm more of a cuddle-type woman but trying to find a man who will be partnered and keep it that....is extremely hard.  You are a rare exception...but then there's the female avi thing. *Grins*

Rofl, thanks, i think, lol

Been actually wondering for a very long time about asking LL to have my inventory moved to my alt for a fee and lockup this avi to prevent any abuse, ofcourse we know what the answer would have been: "lol, no, you mad? *closed*"

but... then i`ll be looking at a male arse all day, not such an appealing thought afterall xD

Hey Sakinan,

Its not you, its simply that most people on SL seem unable to have a proper conversation lol. I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the very few people I've come across that make conversation easy like it's meant to be.

The funny thing is, the friends that I have made and really like are all ones I made by chance when I wasn't looking really looking for friends or at odd hours (I log on at odd hours) when I was just looking around. I won't say you should just try not to look because that's kinda impossible, lol, but be more aware of the people around you? Visit more places, be the first to start conversations and try not to make them monotone? I can't stand  conversations starting off with "hi, how are you?", and starting something randomly gives you more to chat about IMO.

I think with good looking avatars, its hard because either people are too Idk shy about their own avatars not looking as good and are to nervous to approach you or they only approach you for sex... SL is full of annoying extremes. This is again why I think starting conversations yourself first may help, but I agree with you about there being some expectation that you must already have a huge family and friends. I only came back to SL a couple of weeks ago and have started afresh with no friends and I do feel like a lot of the older users act like this.

Atm, I'm just looking for friends and maybe family who can have a conversation and be themselves around me lol, so IM me if you like :)

Kaitlin Fray wrote:

Hey Sakinan,

Its not you, its simply that most people on SL seem unable to have a proper conversation lol. I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the very few people I've come across that make conversation easy like it's meant to be.

It's not just me then? LOL. Most people (read: men) I meet in SL are not interested in conversation or they are not able to put whole sentences together -besides "How old R U?".

Why is that? And what are they doing in SL -except from the pixel action-thing? 

I'm just puzzled.

I never thought this thread would go this far. 

This is a social network with amazing graphics, but alas, you can only get out of it, what you put into it.

Then again, yes there are a lot of non social people out there.  With that said, why go to a social network and be

antisocial,   LOL  Beats the hell out of me.  

Would you go to Yahoo , be in a chat room, then not talk?

There are a lot of alts out there. people that want to experiment, people that want to look and not  play, there is no end to this.

It always isn't what you want, it's what they want,  simply, it's what two want

Dont try so hard, or go to the local pub and have a few

This isn`t a social network only
You don`t have to be social to be able to be creative in here unlike a chat room

You point out exactly why i restrict myself from going where the general population goes "to play", long live annonimity, right?
I`m thankfull we`ve never met, judging from your profile and reasoning

I found that when I joined SL, very few people would talk to me. It wasn't until I upgraded my avatar until I started accumulating friends. Maybe people want to know you're in the world and not just passing through.

I think that SL is similar to RL where you meet people with the same interests as you based on where you put yourself. If you want to meet an artistic guy, then you make your social scene art related events. If you want a guy who is a body builder, go strut around the gym. I think I got lucky when I first arrived because a co-worker who had been in SL for years introduced me to SL. I pretty much skipped mainland and ended up on a private sim called "New Toulouse" where I rented a cheap apartment and started learning the ropes of SL. I did not run into griefers or trolls, no one spammed chat, I did not get hit on by weirdo newbs going "Sex sex sex! U sex me!". Within a month of joining SL, I did meet a guy who had been in SL for a couple of years when I first arrived and we were getting along great for a few months, then he suddenly disappeared claiming computer issues. I have not seen him since. My meeting of him was not intentional. I never planned to meet anyone on here, but I just so happened to run into him at an event and he turned out to be a really decent guy...at least as much as I knew. We never exchanged RL info. 

I think that looking for someone period only ends up in disappointment. I am still not looking to meet anyone, but if I do, I want to meet someone with the same interests as me, which is creating for SL (Particularly mesh objects. I'm obsessed with mesh). I hope to be like {What Next} and Cheeky Pea, where a creator is in a partnership with a creator and you both collaborate together in SL. My only interest in SL is to create home furnishings now. I think what I got out of SL is a new skill, the skill of 3D modeling! Meeting people along the way is an added bonus. For the record, I am still a loner in SL because most creators are partnered (and seriously partnered) and the girls to pal around with seem either a bit too goofy or too occupied with their partner or their own builds! I will also admit that my status as a loner is mainly my fault as well. I'm not out and about chatting with people.

So my advice to those seeking friends and partnerships in SL is to pinpoint your interest and get yourselves there. You like shopping, sign up for hunts! You'll always meet tons of people. Womenstuff, Menstuff and Homestuff are great! There is a hunt going on right now with Homestuff. Sign up for groups that interest you and go to group events. Join private region groups that interest you. Check out New Toulouse just because I've been talking about it (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/New%20Toulouse/128/128/2). Check out other people's groups and picks too. Also, Mad Peas! Great place to meet different kinds of people who are not in SL just to grief and cyber sex you. Don't jump head into relationships. Just have fun and get to know people.

I never thougth about having  a bf before and never bothered to look for one until one day a guy courted me and I answered hime yes without any hesitation and just for nothing or not serious aboout it. But fortunately the relationship lasted for 8 years and he's now my husband.

a couple years ago when I first logged in, i had the usual help on getting settled and the one or two ppl that helped, dont talk to me anymore which im okay with.  Im definitely thankful for their help as this place can be pretty overwhelming when you first start. Once I got settle I then frequented a few clubs, found some I liked and started to mingle...I then got a job as a hostess and after that, it was very easy to make friends-friends requests came in fast the times I was hostessing-two years later Im not  a hostess anymore but still have most of those that added me as friends.  Finding a job like that can really get things started for you. At least, find a couple clubs you like and frequent them often-no club hoping- the more people see you often, the better chance to meet new friends:)