New instructions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been converting a lot of my things over to the new instructions.

llAttachToAvatarTemp.

This one works very well, the only thing is how to detach it, I fixed this with a touch to detach when worn and touch to attach works very well, I have found no problems detaching it after teleport, I am converting all things worn.

llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords

I have a map hud in my trading and quest games, it did print out the sim name and cords in chat so you clicked that to teleport, I have added the new instruction, this works about 95% of the time, but so did the print out version as crashing is normal when tping, even if rare, for worn this it is great, but for stand alone maps it is of no use as only the owner can use it, even though I am very happy with the new instruction it would be nice to make public maps that all could use, I have left the public stand alone maps with the old system.

I have not tried the llTeleportAgent as that needs a lm within the prim if the tp point is outside the sim and as only the owner can use it it is not much good as a teleport.

Have many of you tried these new instructions? Have they been of use to you as much has they have to me?

I was reading the JIRA about

llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SCR-383

and although I haven't found a use for these new features, I find I have frown lines in RL, because I thought it was possible for everyone to be able to use this now.  I had created a new avatar to test what happens currently when a new resident arrives in world, and they just have to walk towards portals and get (what seems to be) sucked into a vortex - but they are teleported to another sim.

I admit I am talking a little bit through my anus in this moment, as I am still computing in my own head information about this recent facility/feature in Second Life. And other replies will of course follow soon.

Hi, would be good if any could use it I agree, but it is a step in the right direction, I am sure it will only take a small mod to make it work for all, you get the teleport screen, what would be nice is if we could define that screen so to give the effect of a stargate or something similar, I mean if your could display an animated texture instead of the teleport screen then we could make a great inter sim teleport and create some good role play.

llAttachToAvatarTemp.

This one works very well, the only thing is how to detach it, I fixed this with a touch to detach when worn and touch to attach works very well, I have found no problems detaching it after teleport, I am converting all things worn.

You're "converting all things worn" ?  Surely I don't understand. I'm using the function for some demos and it works great, and I could certainly see its use for some other things.  But all things worn? Like... shoes?

Or maybe you mean just things that come to be worn by llAttachToAvatar, which I agree is practically superceded by the -Temp variety of the function. It's a pretty special case where there's something already rezzed in-world (a pre-requisite for either function) that one really wants to end up in a wearer's inventory.

I make role play things, tools, drinks, food, drugs, they are of no use once they have been used as they need one of the commodities to run, so, now one fill things like an apple you can eat and once empty is detached and deleted, before it stayed in the inventory and made it all a joke as you have to reg clean out all the dead apples, same with a pint of beer, once it is empty it is dead, but with things like that you do get the choice of a refill, but if you don't it is dead, again in the past you have an inventory full of beer glasses.

When i said all i ment all worn objects in the food/drink and drugs parts

Animated texture - something like a kaleidoscopic 'void' - would be great.  I seem to remember having to use the 'sit' function to use teleporters within sims that could sometimes give the illusion of travelling through multi-coloured tunnels and chambers.  Fun, but I get a little motion sick too.:matte-motes-frown: :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Remember. Currently the Advanced Creator Tools use Run Time Permissions. They were intended to use Experience Permissions, as Linden Realms does. The Griefer Monday at beta release time revealed an exploit. The Lindens saw something basic in Experience Permissions that needed to change and started changing it. Word was it is pretty much an entire rewrite.

Because it is security related the whole subject has dropped below the radar. If it has anything to do with security, the Lindens do not talk about it. When I asked if Experience Permissions would be released, the Linden answer was 'probably'. The Linden supposedly actually working on them only answers 'no comment'.

My hope is that we actually get Experience Permissions some day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.