poorly kept lands

Jason1 Draconia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I am havine some issues with malicious greifer items on Dalarna region.

Sending a 'Zyngo' object to anyone nearby. there are alot of these items littering several parcels. I have left land owners messages about clearing them and locking down their land but no response, by the look of their land they have not been on in some time,

I also filed Abuse reports to LL on removal of these malicious objects sending a  'Zyngo' machines looking for debit permissions from any unwary avatar that accepts them by accident.

I asked in live chat as well, but they do not get involved in abuse situations or removing malicious objects.

Been months now and still there are all over the place. AR's are geting me nowhere. You'd think when a LL employee also say to not accept or open the object that these arecsending as they are malicious they would remove them fast?

[10:03]  You decline 'Zyngo'  ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dalarna/74/32/72 ) from Object.
[10:03]  You decline 'Zyngo'  ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dalarna/74/32/73 ) from Object.
[10:03]  You decline 'Zyngo'  ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dalarna/77/33/71 ) from Object.
[10:03]  You decline 'Zyngo'  ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dalarna/70/33/72 ) from Object.

just a few of the messages. Anyone have any ideas on other avenues i should be trying?

I sent in tickets based on different areas as well over the months.

It's grim, to say the least, when you get spammed by annoying things like this.  I would advise you mute them. (I think LL may be expecting you to mute them), but continue to send in ARs on a weekly basis, just keeping to the basic facts, that they are using up system resources, and spamming, until hopefully someone will come and remove them. 

Edited to add: Live Chat don't get involved with abuse issues; they're more for technical advice.

After sending tickets, talking to live chat and contacting land owners, there really isn't anything that I can think of for you to do. It is not up to LL to remove items from private property there, as there is no covenant on most of the mainland, and if a parcel is privately owned the owner can choose to do as they please with their property. LL has no way of knowing what the landowner chooses to tolerate.

I am afraid your 'stuck' with these objects.  Mute and derender is my advice. 

This is one of the main reasons so many people, including myself, choose to live on or own private estates where a covenant protects you from this sort of thing and estate owners can return nuisances like this.

No covenant land has its place, but LL would do well, in my opinion, to have a broadly liberal convenant on most mainland that would allow them to respond to situations like this, as it would increase the desirability of mainland and perhaps there would not be so much abandoned land there..  I think they don't mainly because it would be up to LL to deal with violation issues and they just don't have the staff for it.

yes it is sad, especially when it send you a zyngo named and looking object that looks for debit permisiions from you. Tell me that isn't very shady.. you would think from both using the zyngo name to spread more copies of itself or to gain debit perms to steal lindens... somehting would be done to save unwary avatars from accepting and rezzing them.

I feel for you - having stuff spam you is no fun. :(  I've lived on mainland for the majority of my 5+ years in SL, most of that time on the same sim, and one constant I have found is that griefers/bad neighbors never stay long.  Of course I wouldn't want to put up with that spam for one day, but if I may offer at least a temporary solution...

By choice I have always lived in the sky.  I also have my workshop in the sky and the lag is a LOT less than at ground level, depending largely what is one the ground.  I would recommend that you  rez a skybox or even just a 1-prim platform at 1,000-4,000m.  Grab a lm there, tp someplace else then tp back and see if you're still getting spammed.  If not, then perhaps placing your home, etc. in the sky until this person leaves or is dealt with by LL might be one way to avoid the spam.

I went in and took a look, and saw all these little rotating arrows all over the place (using Highlighter).  I see the land owner just there has something of a sandbox, but hasn't been online in a little while. I submitted an AR too.The owner of the spamming objects is no longer listed inworld, so LL probably dealt with them for griefing everywhere; unfortunately these darm things still exist.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

After sending tickets, talking to live chat and contacting land owners, there really isn't anything that I can think of for you to do. It is not up to LL to remove items from private property there, as there is no covenant on most of the mainland, and if a parcel is privately owned the owner can choose to do as they please with their property. LL has no way of knowing what the landowner chooses to tolerate.

I am afraid your 'stuck' with these objects.  Mute and derender is my advice. 

This is one of the main reasons so many people, including myself, choose to live on or own private estates where a covenant protects you from this sort of thing and estate owners can return nuisances like this.

No covenant land has its place, but LL would do well, in my opinion, to have a broadly liberal convenant on most mainland that would allow them to respond to situations like this, as it would increase the desirability of mainland and perhaps there would not be so much abandoned land there..  I think they don't mainly because it would be up to LL to deal with violation issues and they just don't have the staff for it.

I agree, and Linden Lab does have a very strict covenant governing mainland continents hosting Linden Homes.

• 1 month later...

got some more on abaoned linden land. Hope they remove them. Weird how people can rez on the land. about 20 or so over here, smae idea spamming people offering a gameing machine that wants debit perms from avatars. Wish there was a way to link alts to paid accounts for both safety and community... Ctrl+Alt+t will light them up.. Do not accept any inventory from these. Sent in AR's and tickets as well, the more the merrier! Please feel free to help out if you can to get these removed. Thank you!

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Giorna%20Kel/219/102/164

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.