Problem With Prim Count In "About Land" Appears To Be Reporting Double"

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is any one else running into this problem since all the restarts and server upgrades?

I've been setting up a new home.  It's a 2048 plot on a Blue Steel region.  It's been over a week since I last worked on it but my memory was I had about 280 prims out.  So before starting to work on it again I went to double check the number of prims I had out and and About Land reported I had 559 prims out!

I have spent over an hour scouring my plot for a culprit.  Thing is when I total up the number of prims checking the prim count on all my objects in the edit window, I still total up around 280 prims.

I have NO MESH objects out.

I really do not want to clear my land and start all over again. 

For my privacy's sake, I will not post the exact location here.

at top of viewer  you will find he tab for you lands details,open the objects tab and click on your name and it should high light all of your objects,also look for any one else objects that might be on your land,people at time crash when using air ships and you coul have a large link set of some one else in the sky.

wrable Amat wrote:

at top of viewer  you will find he tab for you lands details,open the objects tab and click on your name and it should high light all of your objects,also look for any one else objects that might be on your land,people at time crash when using air ships and you coul have a large link set of some one else in the sky.

It is specifically stating that all these objects belong to me.  No encroaching or other peoples objects on the parcel.

I did both the highlight as you suggested above and have used area search in Firestorm and gone through object by object reported. 

I know I could be missing something but if I am it is clearly eluding me.

The house I am using is around 130 prims.

I have no other large objects out.....the next largest is only 20 prims.  After that a couple of 10 prim objects.  All the others are only 1 to 4 prims.  A total of around 40 objects.  Even if all 40 objects were 4 prims, that would be 160 prims plus the house would put me at  ~290 Prims.

ETA:  I have checked these counts using both the official viewer and Firestorm.  They both report the same.

I had a tenant recently reporting some of her items were being returned. I went and looked they were way over the prim limit on their 1024m parcel 234 prims was reporting about twice that.. I spent time clicking and editing objects for sometime making sure, guessed it was probably a temp rezzer. I overlooked some potted plants , never guessed but there were two of them at 93 prims each and another at about 20. So used to seeing potted plants at 1-2 prims..

I had my Landlady over and we spent about 30 minutes together searching the parcel for a "stray culprit" and could not find one.  Her counting came up about the same as mine did.

Decided to clear everything and start over...wasn't that far along and was tired of wasting time on it.  I could have had everything back out in less time than I had spent looking for a culprit.

I am watching object by object as I put them out if some specific item is causing the problem.

Something just doesn't compute here but we shall see.

Call me crazy but that's exactly what happened to me a few days ago. 8192sqm plot, 1875 prim. I set up my builds and everything and could have sworn I was using up around 1100 something prims when I went to bed.

When I logged in the next day (tuesday) the prim count told me I only had 147 prims left when a few hours before I had a good 700 prim left..

I have yet to find out what caused the prims to go up, and checked everything to make sure nobody was encroaching and so on.

How do I logout with 500 prims available one day and login the next day with zero prims available.

We are talking about mainland that is 17,984 and 3500 of the prims are mine, this is a nightmare!   I can only wish that I had screenshots of the prim counts from the day before... 

Something is fishy here as I checked a prim counter and it matches the about land.

Daniel Regenbogen wrote:

I think with the latest server release, the land impact calculation changed. No idea if it can have such a drastic effect.

Apparently not.  I was under the impression that this could happen because of automatic changes to objects that used to use the llVolumeDetect hack to make phantom child prims, but Falcon Linden put me right in another thread.  He told me this was 

• Incorrect. The sim will never automatically opt you into the new accounting system. We only change the child to shape none if it was already using mesh accounting. Otherwise, we change the prim to behave like a normal phantom object. You can see this by noticing that in a non-mesh-accounting linkset with llVolumeDetect hacks those hacked prims now collide with the terrain (like a phantom object) whereas they did not before (and do not if using new accounting a shape type none). This is a minor problem and we felt it was the best way to handle the issue without introducing significant additional complexity.

What can have a drastic effect, though, is if you manually change a child prim in a linkset to shape none (or any prim to convex hull) and leave any other prims in the linkset as shape prim. They all need to be set to convex hull or none. Then you're still not necessarily out of the woods; you may find that some prim types (particularly cut or hollowed ones, and most particularly cut or hollowed or twisted tori (toruses?), need to be set to none, too.

I am not suggesting this is necessarily what's causing the problem.   Just saying that if anyone does find their LI has shot up and they've been changing the physics shape of objects, that's the first thing to look for.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.