Please Help! How to make a pre-existing object a dance ball machine?

ellerc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I've been looking high and low for a couples and singles dance ball machine for my home. My home and decor is fairly modern, simple with clean lines and the idea of a rainbow colored spinning ball gives me chills lol. I seen a few varitions inworld (stack of books, totem poles, etc.) but not in stores.

Anyway, I recently saw a dance machine that was an old fashioned gumball dispenser. It inspired me to transform an object i already own to a danceball machine. Has anyone tried this successfully? I was able to find this script: http://lslwiki.net/lslwiki/wakka.php?wakka=LibraryDanceBall. I added the script to the object's content but i think i need additional scripts in order for the machine to function properly.

Any tips or ideas - either for transforming my object to a danceball machine or where to find more discreet "non-traditional" dance machines?

Thanks!

Elle :))

I love intans but I too don't like the rainbow balls.  So I just took everything out of the intan by 'opening" it and putting it in a folder in my inventory.  I then made a nice C shape moon that I like much better and goes with my decor and put all the contents of the scripts in it and it works great. I put it over the dance floor in the small club I have on my sim.  I took the dance anywhere and did the same with it, except I put the scripts and notecard in a sculpture that Is on a chest in my house where my partner and I sometimes dance.  I also took the dance ball out of the intan and made a small sculpted moon out of it then replaced the one in the intan. So, instead of the balls couples get little moons to sit on.

Thanks Amethyst, that helped a lot! I was able to get the animations and scripts from some couple danceballs i had! Now I'm trying to figure out how to get the couples ball's to show up... 

The one I made works great for single dances, yayyy!! Once I figure out the couple balls, I'll be all set!! :))  

• 8 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.