"Fix" for Phantom child prims is not working

dd Temin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mastro,Oskar   plz help

My racecar vehicle has many sculpted child prims  that were Phantom until  the roll out of pathfinding on main sim.

Now all thoses sculped child prims are non-phantom......causing car to float 2meters  above the ground at odd rotation and slowly revolve.

I edited  my car per Lindens instructions  to make just 1  child prim Phantom  by  setting  features....."Physics shape type" to "none".

Now the  prim "cost"  has jumped to 300 !!!   and vehicle is no longer   working   and gives error message  that it has too many prims to operate as a vehicle !!!

when you sit in vehicle it slowly  rises in the vertical global z axis ...higher and higher  until  you stand up.

Mastro??     what is going on  ??   this is crazy!!!

Ok  i found my problem...i also needed to set the entire vehicle/root  to  physics type  "Convex hull"  before setting   the child sculpt prims to Physics type  "none"  .    Then it works    with normal 32 prim count.  and selected child sculpt prims remain Phantom.

To  make this clear...ill  repeat all steps.  

1.Select entire vehicle  in Edit....  in features tab  set Physics Type to "convex_hull ".

2. Using edit linked part, select the sculpt child Prims that  need to be Phantom.              

In features tab set Physics Type to "none " for those child prims  you want as Phantom

This procedure will fix vehicles broken by Pathfinding.

It's also worthwhile to note that the new prim accounting system allows a prim-equvalence of up to 64 for a vehicle. I found it faster to set the physics shape of the entire vehicle to "none" first (which will automatically leave the root prim as physics type "prim" and then change the other parts that need to have a physical shape (wheels, for instance) individually to "convex hull" or "prim." I updated a complex sculpted jeep which still works as a vehicle even though it now has a prim equivalence of 44.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.