Discrepancies in Traffic Counts in Some Regions

Iam Runningbear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had been suspecting the traffic counts were off for the past several days.

Yesterday I ran a test on one of my inactive lots and was able to confirm that calculations are most definitely off. Traffic for a single avatar should be 1440 traffic points in a 24 hour period or has this changed?  I can confirm this is happening in at least 3 regions and not limited to just one continent. I am getting the same results in both Moderate and Adult regions, I can not confirm it is the same in PG regions.

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Thanks Dilbert.

I am aware of the changes of a few years ago.

The counts per avatar should be calculated as 1 point per every 1 minute an avatar stays on any one location. That's 60 points per hour or 1440 in a 24 hour period.

With the avatar only being counted for every full one minute period. Partial minutes not being counted at all.

With this being said. An avatar that does not move for a full 24 hour period should post to any location 1440 Traffic points.

I know for a fact this count is now being affected by something and is now inaccurate..

I can confirm the same, traffic nubmers ahve been off for a while, and as of today, they are very off.

dosnt seem to be even across the board, but most nubmers seem lower.

Id say my traffic has been fairly cosnsitant. but my numbers are about 1/2 the expected values today.

i happened to check the traffic numbers for a region that is gaming traffic with bots, and  i would say ther nubmers are higher then a comperable sim having real people. not sure what that really means... perhas some bug in recognising when new people enter your sim??

no sure.

Where I tested it at the traffic was about 500 to 800 points off or below and in another region i expected to see 3 to 4k traffic and only got about 1600 or so.. so it is not consistant and in one region i saw 4k traffic that at best should not have been more than 3k traffic,

But I understand there is a Jira on it so i will post what I find there and set it to watch as well. Thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.