Skin Textureing--

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I've been trying to do a skin texture. I was wondering how I could blend the skin on this template before I screw it up and have to redo it

worked real hard

I've worked really hard I just need it to look like the flattened out look and to fix it. someone please help?

First thing you do is upload templates in SL, make a skin where you apply template textures and wear it on your avatar. Then observe all those lines, see where they are, pay attention to those matching lines in different colors.

Then back to RL, you need one person to pose and other one to take photos. Many photos from different angles. If the person who is posing has a long hair, make it a ponytail.

Then open all those photos in your editing program and put them one by one over your template. So, rl photo of the ear goes where the ear is on the template, and so on... You need to have advanced editing skills in order to make transitions smooth. 

Prepare to have tons of screwing up and redoing. 

• Like 1

Hi Tarama, thanks for answering. 

How do I exactly upload a template in SL?

I took this template from google that was from another user.  (Not mine) this is how I've played with the template so far..

head template.jpg

So could someone please make a video:( I'm quiet confused just a bit. I'm not sure how to get the template in-world.

Google is your best friend ;) 

It is rather hard to make a good skin, and to make a skin that looks as some RL person is even harder! 

To get the template inworld you need to login to second life and upload it. I am assuming you saved it before that so it is not .psd file. Uploading a template and making a skin with it will make your avatar look weird, and it is only for you to study and observe how lines go across the avatars body. 

Have you made some things before trying to make a skin?

Tamara no I have not tried making a template before making skin.

It's pretty confusing me.  This is why I need a video, so I can follow step by step by what they're doing.

I don't do well with reading because there may be words there I don't understand. Not a professional at all this stuff you know :P and I've only been here a few months.

I know how to make a shape.. I just need to know how to do a skin template with the lines and how to make the skin.

I might be asking for too much here, hehe. But I was wondering how do you blend the colors of the skin like kind of like smudge the skin to make it blend... to make the arms and legs , etc.. 

Thank you ry0ta for the help on the turtorial.

Oh pointer!! I'm using GIMP. Don't have photoshop...

Hello

I thought it might be helpful for you

1 -  check out youtube vids - for instance "creating skin for secodlife" or something like this... (you can look for clothes creation too)

2 - and scream yeahh) here is a link to a free preveiw of 3d avatar, but you will need kinda good graphic card and cs5 photoshop

http://www.absolutcreation.fr/pshop/category.php?id_category=37

you do not need to put it in sl to check if it looks fine

3.not many of us can get cs5 so there is another preview program outside SL

http://sourceforge.net/projects/slcp/

it works fine and also as I remember has really many of skin pre-made templates to start from. So you can understand how it works

good luck

PS:

"I was wondering how do you blend the colors of the skin like kind of like smudge the skin to make it blend... to make the arms and legs , etc.. " as for this I can only say that blending, smudjing or other editing skills can't be learnt from 1-2 videos, it is something we get with experience by trying and trying to do it again and again so go for it))

Thank you very much, Ylalian.. I'm going to start learning soon as I get time:) Haven't really had enough time lately. I've been working and etc. But thanks again and to the users that have also helped me:)

"check out youtube vids - for instance "creating skin for secodlife" or something like this... (you can look for clothes creation too)"  I've looked everywhere, either everything is out of date or everything else. It's just ugh, I've tried doing a prim skirt from here ...  http://www.mermaiddiaries.com/2006/12/day-97-making-flexi-prim-skirts-with.html

It seems that there isn't a build control called hole on my firestorm viewer. It only says, Hollow and I've tried doing 0.30 but doesn't work for that quiet either. So I have no clue. It goes to 0.3

I followed step by step. But doesn't get it finished. 

I'm glad that you found Natalia Zelmanov's tutorials.  They are bit old by now, but they are still some of the simplest and friendliest tutorials for making clothing (and other things) in SL.  I'm curious, though ......   Why do you want to put a hole in a flexi prim skirt?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.