Sign in to follow this  
Tamara Artis

How do you call this?

I know that beauty is in the eye of beholder, or whatever you say it in english... And I know that we all want our avatars to be pretty, to look the best possible! But when I see female avatars with breasts size 100 and no gravity, when i see those squared boxes on their chests, I am wondering do they see it different? Do you see it same as me? Like there are more and more creatures that look way too ugly even for a cartoon. Maybe it looks amazing on their screen? Or they wanted to look like that? Its not only that, they make their backs huge too!, and tiny waists. If they looked like that RL, I'm wondering would they want to go out in public at all? That kind of a look demands waaay to much liquifying!! 

But its not that what concernes me, it is the fact that females whos avatars look like that act like everyone wants them and the rest of female population is envy. I mean, like I want my avatar to look like that, but I can't make it so I am jelaous :p And if by any chance I feel free to suggest a tiny change to the look, I am a hater! Jelaous b**ch who can't stand a real woman in front of me. If anyone makes just a tiny comment, there is a storm of ugly words coming out of their huge pouty lips (sad looking of course) and that storm closes with a famous sentence - I wan't no drama! And am not interested to have any discussions with you! Smart move actually, they said all the bad words and closed any further discussion, so I am just there to stay quiet.

So, is it some new lifestyle? How would you call it? How do you deal with them if you can't avoid them?

I never tell people how to 'improve' their avatar unless they ask my opinion.  As far as the "look" itself, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Its their SL, if they want to look like freaks of nature so be it.  Yes, people may stop and stare, which in their vanity they may think is jealousy, however I doubt they know how many people are rolling their eyes and silently laughing at them.

Actually I ignore the type of people that act as you describe.  Its not worth the energy to do more as they are so convinced of their perspective they won't listen to anything you have to say. The best course of action is to live and let live, but give them wide berth.

SL avatar chest size is inversly proportionate to the quality of potential conversation with an individual. (^_^)

People see what they want to see.  If "GIANT BOOBS IN YO' FACE" is enough for them, so be it.  It's enough to make me laugh, for sure.  When they get to the point of being blocky, the only options left for my opinion of them are ignorant and/or stupid. (^_^)y

In SL shape-speak there is a term for that avatar shape - "Max-Min-Max" - meaning the shape "sliders" are to the maximum on top, minimum for waist, maximum hips/derriere.  You're absolutely right - with those measurements RL a woman would be tipping over all the time.  With "cosmetic surgery" a thin woman can have large breasts, but then her hips wouldn't be that huge either.  And RL women with huge hips generally don't have teeny waists...well, you get the idea.

Anytime the conversation has come up with men around, many men say that, to them, it is a dead giveaway that is usually a RL male in a female avatar.

I've also noticed over the years that various avatar looks come and go.  When I first began in 2007, many/most female avatars were 10 feet tall and ultra-skinny - no shape at all.  Most of the skins looked like people had spent way too much time in a tanning booth.  Over the years the shapes and skins became a tad more realistic looking.  Now the trend seems to be cycling toward the "Max-Min-Max" shapes again with almost childlike, pouty faces.

Viva la Difference, I suppose.  ;)

Sassy Romano wrote:

Lets talk "gravity" 

I'm as beautiful as a butterfly and anyone that can't see that must have their viewer set up incorrectly!

Spews water on the monitor for the second time today.

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

SL avatar chest size is inversly proportionate to the quality of potential conversation with an individual. (
^_^
)

People see what they want to see.  If "GIANT BOOBS IN YO' FACE" is enough for them, so be it.  It's enough to make me laugh, for sure.  When they get to the point of being blocky, the only options left for my opinion of them are ignorant and/or stupid. (
^_^
)y

IMMY!!!  Great to see you!!!

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

SL avatar chest size is inversly proportionate to the quality of potential conversation with an individual. (
^_^
)

My conversational ability must be getting better and better because I have made my breasts progressively smaller.  I got my first non-freebie shape in February 2007.  I had been taken on as a trainee by a strip club.  I had a mentor who helped me remake my avatar.  We found a shape that was advertised as looking like a RL Playboy Playmate and actress who is quite buxom.  Such a shape made sense for dancer, I thought.  I never felt out of place while I was a dancer, perhaps because the women I was around mostly were similarly endowed.  After I retired in 2010, I started feeling self-conscious, so I contacted the maker of my no-mod shape and bought a mod version so I could reduce my bust size.  I also had tired of being seven feet tall, so I reduced my height.  Recently, I modified the torso to be a standard size small, further reducing the breast size.

Isn't SL wonderful---we can change our bodies at will with no pain and little or no expense!

Ohh Sassy...thankyou so much for that. I lost my first morning cup of tea into the keyboard and have to go make another. And I neeeeeeed that dance anim. :D

Sassy Romano wrote:

Lets talk "gravity" 

I'm as beautiful as a butterfly and anyone that can't see that must have their viewer set up incorrectly!

LOL

Sliders to the max and physics of a water balloon

Yeah I used to have some friend who had overly huge boobies and of course her avatar's face had that pouty look.

The reason is cause their avatars are sad that they have to carry around those ridiculous huge things. One should not mistreat their avatar cause one day it might run away

didn't silicon breasts say it all.... no matter what we who try to advance do, we are foreverly surrounded by the fakes who don't find that they themselves are the most important something, instead it's some industry made image that gets people to stop and stare, but why am i gonna stop and stare when trying to talk is like spitting in a fresh oil pit....... there's nothing to be done except laugh at them because they are mindless junkies and they know they want our attention, yet we don't need them =x they only help make some sucker who likes to make busters more wealthy by buying meaningless assets and this is rl or sl!

LOL!!! This thread made me giggle pretty hard.

Back in the day when I joined SL in 2007, I was one of those big boobied high tanned barbie dolls and I thought I was freaking gorgeous.  Even back then, i'd occasionally see people with rear ends so big it looked like you could land a helicopter on it, and boobs so gigantic that they distorted the shape.   

Over time however, as I saw mentioned, skins began to get more realistic, and of course with the integration of mesh I tweaked, modded, worked, picked at, nagged at myself, and made it so that I was proportionate.   I am not small, but I am not tiny, my boobs no longer look like hot air balloons, and my rear end is actually somewhat pleasing to look at and i'm a chick so that's saying alot LOL.   I like to look at my own butt! xD 

I still see people, especially with these super pouty down frowny faces, drives me nuts, pouty faces and squity eyes, kinda makes the avatar look constipated, but, i have to accept it as part of SL the diversity as the same as it in RL, and as long as the person behind said happy is happy with the way they look, then they should continue playing that way and enjoying their SL.  

And now the mesh boobs.. oh god.. the mesh boobs.. hide me...

I saw this at the Adult hub a few months back, carefull with your morning cuppa, aim away from the keyboard:smileyvery-happy:

lol.jpg

Comedy aside, there are a few things going on here...

Ignorance - some people don't know any better. They might be boob-obsessed boys, or just wanting the bustiest avatar around. Bigger is better, and other qualities can go hang.

Size Fetish - an extension of 'bigger is better'. Big breasts are one of the most obvious fetishes out there. These are more likely to go for prim boobs, because the sliders only go so big. People have had RL surgery for the same reasons, so it's hardly a surprise they do it in SL.

Other kinks - as well the pure size fetishist, you get all sorts of kinks that involve big boobs. Human sex-dolls, humiliation fetishes, transgender fetishes, bimboism and... well, I needn't go on.

hahaha! its like this; on a good day its what makes SL amazing and we can laugh about it every time we remember it, on a bad day (for me its every time I edit pics with breasts like that) I wona eject/freeze or ban them! 

I have a pic too, took it few months back at a pose fair. The girl had her back part soo big that made her skirt prim sink into the body and show to the whole world that her avi don't wear panties! And of course, the biggest importance was to have a giant a**, editing a skirt prim to fit well didn't bother her at all. I've put a white dot on her naughty part cause of forum rules, original is still on my SL Feed:p 

LOL.png

Leia36 wrote:

I saw this at the Adult hub a few months back, carefull with your morning cuppa, aim away from the keyboard:smileyvery-happy:

lol.jpg

*Blinks*  /takes off glasses, cleans them really well and puts them back on

Yep - that's what I thought I saw.  Eeeeeggaaaddddsss!  I only hope that woman was doing that as a joke.

Tamara Artis wrote:

hahaha! its like this; on a good day its what makes SL amazing and we can laugh about it every time we remember it, on a bad day (for me its every time I edit pics with breasts like that) I wona eject/freeze or ban them! 

I have a pic too, took it few months back at a pose fair. The girl had her back part soo big that made her skirt prim sink into the body and show to the whole world that her avi don't wear panties! And of course, the biggest importance was to have a giant a**, editing a skirt prim to fit well didn't bother her at all. I've put a white dot on her naughty part cause of forum rules, original is still on my SL Feed:p 

LOL.png

/Decides to take glasses off altogether and *shakes head*

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Leia36 wrote:

lol.jpg

*Blinks*  /takes off glasses, cleans them really well and puts them back on

Yep - that's what I thought I saw.  Eeeeeggaaaddddsss!  I only hope that woman was doing that as a joke.

I dunno......saw this today on Facebook:

boobs.jpg

/me laughs at the irony of a pitbull tattoo. You know, some people just want to be different *shrugs makes SL what it is :) oh and yes, I hear you on the no panties thing, I think that its a big pointer to who is behind the AV. Anyway, have fun and see ya

I think a lot of things I've seen on SL are "crazy". I've seen those big prim... endowments. As a matter of fact, at an event that I was at, a friend and I had some good laughs about it. Well, not the endowments themselves, but the fact that they didn't match the person's skin as well as I am sure they thought they did. :P

I'll admit, I don't understand the mindset of the people who do that, nor the fetishes. I know that everyone is different, and someone is attracted to it, or it wouldn't be so... rampant.

When I officially joined SL in 2010, I made my own shape (after seeing that everyone was over 7' tall and tanned to heck). I went for a more pale looking skin, and my avatar height was 5'5" because I find it to be a comfortable height, since it is my own. Admittedly, it made dancing with the 10' tall men look just ridiculous, and even wrong. A friend of mine that I frequently danced with bought me a 6'9" tall avi that I found to look fake, but he liked it and that dancing thing did clear up tremendously. lol

Now I just don't care. I am a 4'11" elf, normal sized... everything, a slightly smiling face, and I'm naturally tanned-looking versus that fake tan. Sure, I've been mistaken for a child, but once I point out my profile, which clearly states that I do not RP as a child, that if I RP it's as an elf, and that I'm of age, it seems to get cleared up pretty quickly.