Cannot calculate or upload mesh

Ostard Zheng

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, at my wits end I wonder if anybody can point me to where I might get help please. I am a competant builder and have been in SL for many years. I say this because I feel I do know what I am doing, however, I am always willing to learn more. I am having troubles uploading and calculating even the simplest of meshes. Made with whatever program you can imagine . Blender, mesh studio, celziium. I got loads and can use them. I have reloaded clients, used other clients, changed sims gone to Aditi got the tshirt.. I create a mesh. even just a simple cube. click the upload Model button . get the dialogue window with all its whistles and bells. basically tries all combinations of LOD and settings. Click the Calculate button, it goes dark and sometimes it lights back up and tells me the cost and resources.....Sometimes.....other times it just sits there blanked out until i click cancel. Other times I will get to this stage and then click UPLOAD, excitedly and that will then do the same...darken and sit there forever. On very very lucky occasions the process will work properly .. perhaps once in 20 clicks.... HELPPPPPPPPP PLEASEEEEE I love to build and can create wonderful meshes but cannot get them into SL....  Os.

Older viewers used to give the greyed calculate button with no error message in response to wrongly matched materials in the LOD meshes (or even the physiocs mesh!). Bit you say you have used different viewersm which I assume includes the current release version. So that can't be it. The process also seems to hang if you try to upload very complicated meshes, but you say you have the problem witha simple cube. Could it be a problem with too many errors on your connection?

• Like 1

Thanks Drongle .. I was starting to suspect My Intermet connection, although it seemes fine in other ways. but last night I loaded the V3 client onto an old laptop of mine. with very poor graphics and speed and slowlyslowy got to the point of uploading Mesh files and it seemed to work ok, uploading and calculationg without problem. I can only conclude, therefore, that the problem is being caused by windows 7, or I am not completely cleaning the clients off when I re installed them and the offending part is still in situ. Ah well... narrowed it down a little more..  Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Ostard Zheng wrote:

I can only conclude, therefore, that the problem is being caused by windows 7

Some "older" viewers Drongle mentioned do have the upload menu, but not the code behind it. Kind of like broken links, but without an error message. This might be what your problem was. Glad you got a working solution though.

I have been having this same problem for months. I upload alot of stuff so this is getting really annoying.

Unfortunatly I dont have a second computer to test on but what I'm wondering is if you might be on a track with the reloading stuff.

Occasionally it works correctly ans goes right thru both calc and upload but mostly not.

Does anybody know if there is a cleaner by LL or sombody that can "completely" clean SL viewers from the computer?

Meaning not just the files but ALL registry entries as well.

thx,Q

i also have had problems uploading mesh at times, only advice i can give is

only use the sl linden lab viewer for uploading mesh, i've had problems with firestorm viewer not uploading correctly, i have not tried the latest releases of firestorm,

make sure you unwrap your mesh

and also for multi mesh uploads, make sure to rename each uvmap a different name, uvmap1, uvmap2, etc before uploading,

i've had error messages when i try to use the same complicated mesh as my physics shape, but if i use a  simple physics shape with alot less vertices, it seems to upload with no problems, dont know why this happens

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.