Can you help me acquire this avi look?

Nakkorra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do you realize that in this thread, you said basically the same thing 7 times?

Anyways for the L$325 the seller is asking for that outfit, it would probably be cheaper to just buy it than to try piecing together something that may or may not come close.

As with RL - usually buying an entire package is cheaper than the sum of it's parts

Pamela Galli wrote:

Not exactly. I hear the IM bell ring, I must stop what I am doing in the store or in Blender, and check my IMs for the new message (which is often "hi" or "r u there?" which means I must inquire further to elicit the question). So even if I do choose to ignore the question, it interrupts my work. Probably some merchants are not so busy that such interruptions have become a real annoyance, but I would advise everyone to err on the side of good manners and not interrupt people in order to beg. If they are selling something you want, either buy it or do without.

I have to agree with the bolded part there.. but that goes for both ends of the transaction. Only twice have I been completely ignored by a creator when I've asked for help with a purchase. It felt rude, and neither place will be getting my business again.

--||-

Go to the Fab Free website or to their in store location. They are good one stop shopping for freebies. You will also see names of many stores there, who often have promotions which may not be free but are cheap. It has photos, so you can check the quality first.

You can make a shape for free, unless  you're bad at it. Then just ask people whose av you liked where they got everything or where they got their shape or whatever you like on them.

You can also right click anything primmy in world and choose 'inspect' then choose 'creator's name' to see where it came from.

Also, shop events, if you can (wait until a few days or more in, so it won't be as crowded or laggy) as those often have gifts, or special prices, or the newest creations.

Basically you need hair, makeup, skin, and tattoos, if you want to copy everything but the outfit. There is no quick answer, you just have to look around and find similar things in your budget.

UncommonTruth wrote:

Only twice have I been completely ignored by a creator when I've asked for help with a purchase. It felt rude, and neither place will be getting my business again.

Off topic for this thread, but please consider the possibility that the creator might not have seen your message (if you only sent it once -- twice, not likely). It does not happen often, but I have crashed after receiving an IM but before I could open it.  A lot of merchants may not be aware that you can often still retrieve these IMs by looking in your IM log. 

Notecards can get lost, too -- not sure how, but I have had it happen before (even though I beg not to receive notecards) -- a couple weeks ago I had two people ask me if I had received their notecards, which I had not. Fortunately they knew that I usually reply promptly. 

MoiselleErin Teardrop wrote:

Do you realize that in this thread, you said basically the same thing 7 times?

Well I knew I said it several times but I did not count how many. I just knew from the replies that people thought I was, for example, arguing that merchants should not give free things, or should not answer IMs. Something like that. 

Not sure what you mean by "ensure the meaning" but if you mean either carefully read to understand the meaning and/or clearly write to explain the meaning, I agree. That said, communication of any kind always involves a coder and a decoder, so both need to do their jobs for effective communication. 

But sometimes, esp in forums, people just prefer not to do that, for whatever reason. :-) 

A simple reply to the OP that supplemented the first answer of 'ask the merchant' with a "by the way, be sure to explain what you are asking for when contacting the merchant, such as noting the Marketplace ad, and note that offering to pay for their time and assistance may make all the difference in getting what you want" would have been a much more positive message.

A little friendly encouragement of attitudes we'd like to see from others usually gets much better results than negative comments and arguments back and forth.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.