Sign in to follow this  
RiStaraa

Brand new and needing help

Hi - if there's an introduction forum, I apologize for missing it.

I made an account on Second Life a few days ago but I haven't been able to figure anything out. I tried to look up some online "how to's" but all of them have links to locations that are not available so I assume that they are severely out of date.

Where does one begin? Or... need I just give up now because I'm not a tech genious? ^.^' 

Thanks!

Welcome to Second Life, RiStaraa.

Here is a link to get you started...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Second-Life-Quickstart/ta-p/1087919

You're about to start a brand new adventure that can seem quite daunting at first. Don't worry if you think you're not a tech genius; most people are not, and we all learn as we go. It's important you take your time.

And come back here any time you need further help and advice. 

Just one more thing, I am unsure where you will arrive inworld when you log in for the first time.  I have a feeling there are portals that take you directly to sims, rather than the welcome area that is mentioned in the above Quickstart Guide.  Just in case you would like to experience the Welcome Area, return to this thread and click on this link:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Welcome%20Island%20Public4/25/227/27

Welcome to SL, Ristarra.  The links above may provide a great resource for you.  In addition, if you have any specific questions, many residents, including myself, are more than happy to help if you just send an IM.  Have fun!

Hi, RiStaraa, and welcome to SL and the forums.

In addition to the excellent suggestions other people have provided, may I suggest you check out The Adult Hub inworld?  It's a privately-owned group of sims, designed to act as a welcome and orientation centre for new people, pariticularly people interested in adult content but we're happy to help with any questions at all.   It's also a friendly and relaxed place to hang out and meet some new friends.    If you go there and grab anyone with a "greeter" or "guide" tag, they'll be happy to help in any way they can.