How do you know Second Life time of day?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maybe you are asking about the SIM time?

SIM (Simulator) time is neither PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) nor PST (Pacific Standard Time)
SIM time is the time in SL or more accurate the time on a particular Simulator
It is restarted when the SIM is, but it may reset on other times too.
I think Estate owners can set it and stop it to their liking.
Time in Second Life passes at the same speed as in the real world, but the day is normally only 4 hours long,
so SL has 6 days and 6 nights during 24 hours

SLT equals PST in the winter time and PDT in the summer time.
It is shown on the bar at the very top of the official viewer.

You never know what time it is in SL.

Just turn the world to midday and thats it aconfsd.gif

Someone posts an event for SL PDT which is + or - 3.7hrs GMT unless its daylight savings or the winter solstice, but then it could be the summer solstice so you would subtract 2.456 minutes divided by a lunar eclipse depending on if the month has an R in it or not and then google a time conversion for your rl region, not your SL region which could be EST, ADT, possibly UTC or perhaps CST or maybe even AC/DC and....

pant pant pant...

by the time you figure all that out you finally get there and everyone else has gone to bed :matte-motes-dont-cry:

So just make stuff instead Like.jpg

Sassy Romano wrote:

Does anyone schedule an event based on simulator time and NOT sl time?

Well... I time my firework shows to start at SL midnight on the regions... but as that coincides with 8pm SLT, that's the time I put on the event notice. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

I know that SLT/Pacific time is 3 hours behind Eastern time. I check the SL time by looking at the time on the top-right of the viewer client, next to the L$ balance, but when I'm not on SL, I usually convert it in my head, or hover on the Windows clock on the bottom-right on the taskbar.

If you are using Windows Vista, 7 or 8, then you go to the right of the taskbar on the bottom of the screen (otherwise you placed the taskbar somewhere else), right-click on the time, then click on "Adjust date/time" then select the "Additional Clocks" tab and  select "show this clock" Choose "(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US and Canada)" Type "SLT" under the Enter Display Name field and click on OK. Additionally, open up the Gadgets by right-clicking on the desktop and clicking on Gadgets and drag the Windows Clock to the desktop, set it to UTC-08:00 Pacific Time (US and Canada), Name it as SLT. Click on OK. I don't know how to do it on a Mac.

I will make an inworld civil time clock, inworld solar time clock and a SLT clock some time and distribute it for free. It will be on the Marketplace. I already made a clock that shows Eastern Time so I have to mod it to show inworld civil time, inworld solar time and SLT.

I have seen a digital clock in the NTBI plaza in region Prototype in the Astaro store. It shows the sim time (dunno if it's inworld civil or solar time.)

Snapshot_001.png

Please note on the bottom-right of the pic, the clock (that uses shared media) uses metric time and alternative dates (ie: leap week, lunar, lunisolar, decimal and solar dates).

If you like to see it yourself, please teleport to http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Prototype/77/71/24 and look to the west.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I size and situate the SL window so that I can see "around" it, and situate various Firefox addons/extensions conveniently so I don't miss, for example, the very occasional event of Spurs scoring a goal, or the once-monthly email from my son at university (not telling me what he's been up to, just asking for money) or - relevant to this query (which may be old but is still current) a Foxclocks bar with various time zones relating to the locations of friends, so I'll be able to assess whether they might be available without bothering them with redundant messages.

Oh, and my friends on the West Coast say their answer to your question is that they just look out their window.

Although that is probably a lie, as they all live in their mothers' basements.

Thanks so much Elite....I have done as you suggested now too  :matte-motes-kiss:

I have SLT clock in my sl home and also know that secondlife.com (events page) has current slt if ever I wanted to check.

Of course when I open Firestorm, the current time is there too  (but Im not always on home computer so this option is not always open). 

Another thing I do is to use  this clock if I want to convert time ahead (and not get days mixed up)  :)

Go to Time Converter in Time Zone drop down menu. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.