Ethernet Girl Gone Wireless *Please Read*

LyricAoen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok , I played SL before and i always had ethernet connection , my computer is ancient but runs sl smoothly in mid-high sometimes with my PowerColor 4850. A few days ago in Virginia ( where i am) there was a thunder storm, it was raining and the thunder could be heard all the way across the city. I was thinking it was going to come later and i had time to get off , but the storm came and everything flickered. i took the plug out the wall and waited after the storm was over. Came back to recconect i had a internet error. saying the local area connection was enabled for 1 second then switched right back to identifing and unplugged. I did my research and i thought it was the Local Area Conection being funny tried the suggestions and then finally gave up. and came across a Wireless-N USB adapter. its been 3 days since the storm without internet and finally got back on due to this Wireless Adapter. Log in SL and i cant walk its like Lag everywhere so i logged off. Its my first day back and im dissapointed in leaving SL.. but since my LAC doesnt work... and only wireless im going to have to... Is there ANY solution to this?!? it enables and when i do that it goes to Enabled for a few seconds then identifiying then straight back to unplugged. Is there a way i Can Get on With my Wireless Adapter?

Oh and the one i have is a Linksys AE1200 Wireless N USB Adapter  Oh and When i mean Lag i mean i just logged in the graphics as low as can be and i cant even walk! it walks after every 20 seconds.. T~T

1 answer to this question

That's unfortunately a common experience with wireless in SL.  We generally advise people to avoid wireless if it's at all possible because it usually results in lower performance.  Wireless was never designed to handle high-volume continuous data streaming, and it's susceptible to all manner of interference.  Your cell phone and garage door opener, fluoresecent streetlights, and even your smart refrigerator can interfere with the signal.  If it's not protected, you can also lose bandwidth to everybody else in your Starbucks or apartment building.  You're better off getting your Ethernet adapter fixed and forgetting the wireless.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.