Cash in my weekly rewards?

thedovahkiin909

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Syo Emerald wrote:

Its not worth it. You must be a premium member to get the 1000L reward. That means you pay more to Linden Lab than the 1000L are worth in real dollars.

Well, that's not completely true.  If you want to live on the mainland, the weekly L$300 stipend plus the L$1000 signup bonus plus the 512 sq m tier waiver combine to reduce your annual cost to LL to something like $7 US. If you figure that the other perks of Premium membership (Premium sandbox access, Live Chat, expanded support ticket options ...) are worth at least $7, then it may be worth it for you.  [Of course, if you take the "free" money and run, that benefit analysis goes in the toilet.]

I have never considered Premium membership worth it myself, but I have never wanted to live on the mainland and have never needed the expanded support options.  Many people do, however.

Your best choice moneywise if you can afford to do it is to pay for a year ($72 at once). That's $6 a month cost. You get about $5 a month "back" in stippend at 300 lindens a week  AND you get the 512 teir for free. Folks that are older get 400 lindens a week stippend and those even older than that (like 6.5 years - not sure when the change took place get 500 and so those guys get their account free and even with a little leftover).

As I understand it, you need to BUY a few lindens in order to SELL lindens. So you would have to at least buy the minimum. Then your account is activated so that you can buy and sell lindens. You can sell your lindens at the end of the year and pretty much pay for the next year's premium membership.

There is no advantage at all in selling your lindens until you have a fair amount of them as there are charges that come along with the transaction plus a $1 to send to your bank should you want to take the money out rather than using it to pay account fees or tier.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.