Will I receive a bill for my second month at Premium level?

Merrytricks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I joined one month ago yesterday as a premium member. I'm a little worried I'll lose my home and membership for not paying on time, but I haven't received a bill to pay or anything. Do I just pay as if I were buying Premium membership for the first time, or will I get a bill, or what?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Depending on which payment option you chose, you will automatically be charged once a month, every three months, or once a year.

The money will be automatically taken from whatever payment method you have authorized for that purpose.

If there are not enough funds in that chosen account when the fees are due, they will try a few more times to charge you before you are suspended for non payment.

If you remain delinquent for awhile, rumor has it that they will terminate your account.

Your account summary will tell you when your next bill date is

https://secondlife.com/my/account/?lang=en-US

Your billing information will show how you have chosen to pay these fees

https://secondlife.com/my/account/billing.php?lang=en-US

• Like 1

Your payments for Premium Membership will be automatically taken from your account monthly, if you have elected to pay monthly.  Linden Lab do usually send out an email to remind you that your Premium Membership is coming up for renewal on a particular date, but as emails can land up in a black hole somewhere, it's always wise to just know that you have to pay until/unless you opt to cancel your Premium Membership. 

As Charolotte says, if you have insufficient funds in the account you registered with LL from where they will take payments, you do get reminders, but run the risk of having your account suspended until payment is made. 

However, you would still be able to access Second Life on an alternative avatar account, although that would be treated as a wholly separate entity to your main avatar's account, with unconnected inventory/friends lists/etc.

I've never known LL terminate a delinquent account, but an account that has been suspended for a late payment that remains unpaid just doesn't get reinstated until/unless payment is made. I don't know how this affects the inventory though, whether it is all kept forever, or whether the account becomes like an account that has been deleted by the resident themselves, for whom the inventory becomes irretrievable after a couple of months.

I have never had an account terminated but I have read several places where accounts were deleted after not paying after awhile. I also read that that was not true, but it is a risk I would not take.

This Jira is closed, and old, perhaps they no longer get deleted, still, I wouldn't risk it.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-2647

Your membership fees will be automatically deducted, first from any $USD balance you may have in your account, and if there is not enough there, from the payment method (credit card or PayPal) you have on file with LL.

If you have a profitable in world business, you can sell excess $L to increase the amount in your $USD balance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.