How can I save conversations in nearby chat log

Ramblingal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Using the switch in Preferences is a nice easy solution.  The only challenge you'll have is remembering to turn it OFF after your meeting.  If you don't, you will be saving every single chat  conversation after that.  That can add up to a whale of a lot of file space on your computer -- most of it filled with pointless conversations.  If you don't think you can remember to turn it off when you are done needing it, I suggest using the old tried-and-true method.  Cut and paste from chat into a new notecard as soon as the meeting is done.  Ask a friend to do the same, just in case you crash in the middle of the meeting.

• Like 1

local chat log files can get quite large, as Rolig says...at least, in document terms.  But they never take up anywhere near as much space as, say, music files or video.  I still have my local chat logs from years and years back...and all my IM logs, too.

Because the local chat file can get too big for Notepad to handle, I open it up a few times a year and trim off the oldest three months, then paste that into a new text file.  It's much easier than trying to remember to turn logging on and off and on and off.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.