Stuck in quest to return to Tyrah's Workshop!

Elzabet Irelund

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I finally managed to get a hold of an HUD for the Linden Realms games (of course, now I can't get it again...portal IV was working for me but not any more) and I was completely stuck on 'return to tyrah's workshop' quest.  I'd go in, dance around, hit the red landmark...and nothing. 

I guess playing the actual game is out of the question at this point.  I have cashed out my blue/green gems, but where do I go to turn in my other colors?

11 answers to this question

The return to Tyrah's workshop (the quests in general) haven't been working for MONTHS. Around the first of the year there was a bug that you could get past and you will see posts about that. But now the quest doesn't work at all. That is any new person that actually GETS a hud (seen rarely at ANY portal the last couple of months) gets all the original info about what to do for awhile. The making of the original flares doesn't work but it lets you go on (seemingly think you are actually accomplishing something :D) until you get to "return to Tyrah's Workshop" message. From there, you are done.

You can of course collect crystals and turn them in. No hud is needed to collect and turn in although some instances of Tryah's will not pay out (you don't lose your crystals though -- that is good).

Typically 6, 7 and 8 all work for turning in crystals. 4 hasn't worked in months. There are many many things broken and nothing is getting fixed. So just be prepared. The quests were very good for beginners but it seems like it was costing LL too much money and so not fixing is their plan.

Have fun.

hello, its a problem with the Tyrah's workshop platform, so i havent use my old account in years til i reactivated it and i have not ever did lindens realms before and im doing it now, so umm can anyone help me? how i fix this problem

5 minutes ago, xd0mx1 said:

how i fix this problem

You didn't say what the problem is, so it's impossible to know how to fix it.  The normal solution, though, is to submit a support case.  Tell Linden Lab exactly what the problem is -- where, when, and what messages you receive.

1 hour ago, xd0mx1 said:

oh i just did support a case

I don't know about NOW, but the quest has been broken  MANY times of the years for LONG periods of time (like months or a year or more) so it could just be broken :D.  I haven't been over in a long time but periodically the Realms just kinda lose favor with the tech guys and nothing gets fixed for-e-ver (like whole sims disappear LOL).  

So it is what it is. You should still be able to go around and collect crystals and turn them in. The Quest was fun and HARD at the beginning (those rock monsters and such) but it may have been abused by people making alts over and over to get their lindens. Don't know that, just seems likely.

Good luck and I hope you get to Quest eventually. 

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

the quest has been broken  MANY times of the years for LONG periods of time (like months or a year or more) so it could just be broken :D.  I haven't been over in a long time but periodically the Realms just kinda lose favor with the tech guys and nothing gets fixed for-e-ver (like whole sims disappear LOL).

In fairness, Linden Realms is the oldest Linden Lab experiment with Experiences, so its scripts are almost certainly lacking a lot of the advanced Experience features that have only been added to SL in the last couple of years. It would be a massive job to rewrite everything to today's standards.  Linden Realms was also built in pre-mesh days, so it relies on a lot of prim objects that could be made more efficiently today with mesh, thus improving L.I. and performance.  The fact that LR remains popular after all these years is a testament to its ingenuity and to its "retro" appeal.  Linden Lab does send repair teams in to keep it running, and they probably will do that forever, so be sure to submit a support case whenever you find something broken.  Just don't expect a major upgrade.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

In fairness, Linden Realms is the oldest Linden Lab experiment with Experiences, so its scripts are almost certainly lacking a lot of the advanced Experience features that have only been added to SL in the last couple of years. It would be a massive job to rewrite everything to today's standards.  Linden Realms was also built in pre-mesh days, so it relies on a lot of prim objects that could be made more efficiently today with mesh, thus improving L.I. and performance.  The fact that LR remains popular after all these years is a testament to its ingenuity and to its "retro" appeal.  Linden Lab does send repair teams in to keep it running, and they probably will do that forever, so be sure to submit a support case whenever you find something broken.  Just don't expect a major upgrade.

Well I am not trying to say anything badly about the Realms, but a quick look at posts over the years show that they have been broken often and not fixedin any kind of timely manner (like weeks or longer for many broken things such as huds or whole sims not working. The Quest has been gone more times than available -- even at the beginning.

I really love the Realms, much better than the newer experiences honestly.  I never said anything about wanting an upgrade. When they work they are still fun. I have just seen so many times when things were not working (and not fixed) that I am amazed they are still there as they seem to be very low in the list of upkeep items. I know people have sent in tickets before with nothing happening. It would be VERY GOOD if things were fixed.  It could be that the Quest is no longer a planned part of the Realms -- that is also an option. If the hud has been changed to not recognize new folks then no one would know except people who played long ago :D.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.