No related objects when uploading products to marketplace

MasoDevotina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, after a while I started to upload more products from my inworld shop to the marketplace and after a bunch of error messages together with an apologize each time I was fianlly able to edit the products I uploaded from my outbox.

I takes a while, but I am used to it.

What really annoys me is that I am not able to choose related products, as soon as I open that link nothing more happens.

I sell stuff on virtual marketplaces in RL as well, and they got their share of my income as well, but unlike LL they provide me with an interface that works. And if it doesn't, it is usually fixed within a day.

Just wanted to write this down, since it really @#!¢$@!! me off.

The products are listed now, but as it is I have to check once or twice a week if I can add related items, once all is uploaded I may need to add related items for more than 100 products.

NOT FUNNY!

Feeling a bit better now :D

This could possibly be related specifically to you, your computer, browser, etc. I've never had problems getting related products added to anything and not heard of anyone else...not that I know everyone's story, but usually people come here and vent on it. If I had to guess though, they probably aren't going to fix anything specific to you because they don't know about something that is happening just to you. Maybe post some specs on your browser or something to try and get people to help narrow down the issue. have they ever worked for you or is this something new?

MasoDevotina wrote:

What really annoys me is that I am not able to choose related products, as soon as I open that link nothing more happens.

Maybe you can be a little more specific here. Do you mean no suggestions show up when you put in something in the search field of the pop-up window which appears when you press the Add related item button?

If you have not created listings for the items you are trying to add as related items yet, they don't show up.

Oh I think the general comment is about the poor interface and lack of automatic relationships.

Assigning "related items" is an absolute chore and should be relational at least.  

As a default, if I relate item A to B, then it's implicit that B relates to A but no, I get to the page to edit B and have to start all over again!

Same for those uploading half a dozen of the same shirt but different colours, they are all related by default, or at least *should* be.

Yes I know that some will obviously want to make changes but i'm referring to default behaviour here.  It should autofill by default where relationships exist and present a far better relationship interface as the product listings grow.

User interface is inadequate for the task.

@Deja: It worked for the other approx. 100 items I put in the shop, what has changed is my OS (XP before, Win7 now), and I updated my browser to the newest firefox.

Guess I have to try other browsers as well, then I'll see

@Ry0ta: Well, I used to click on related items and from there I either searched for specific items or did choose one from the list, now I can do neither of it, I just got a plain white pop up with an inactive search box. I got about 100 items listed and sell them, so that's not the problem.

@Sassy: Well, besides that specific issue I mentioned, yes, the user interface could be much better. Your right with what you said, but that was not the intention of the post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.