How to get $??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Eyeluvyeww,

Welcome to Second Life!

You can either find a job inworld and earn Linden dollars (L$), or you can buy Lindens. In order to buy Lindens, you will need to go into your Account>Billing Information and add a credit card or PayPal information. Then you can either buy L$ from your account page on the SL website or your avatar can buy them inworld. One US Dollar ($1.00) will buy about L$250.

Here's a link to a helpful article:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-and-selling-Linden-dollars/ta-p/700107

Good luck!

I agree with Qwalyphi. You really don't need money right now—SL isn't like a game where you advance by building up cash or anything. Money is just something you use to obtain things: clothes, vehicles, buildings, stuff. You can also make money here but you're still a bit to new to start doing that.

There are thousands maybe millions of things available for free. I haven't freebie searched in quite a while but I found this not too old forum thread: Best area for free stuff and it contains a lot of suggestions. Take a look and try some of the suggestions: if nothing else it will help you learn how to travel, read a slurl, figure out what a lucky chair is, and other useful things.

Enjoy :-)

Here's a good site about free stuff in SL.  Just buying Lindens, as others have said, is, IMHO, the best way to get money, unless supporting yourself inworld is part of your gameplay, as it was for me my first year.  I did cheat and loan some money to my avatar, but she paid it all back, along with an extra three dollars, at the end of the year.  Having shown that I could support myself, I started just buying the money I needed.  The problem with trying to make money in Second Life is that the hourly rate for people who do not have special skills is very low, so that most people can make more in one hour in RL than they can in many hours in SL.  If you can get paid for doing something you enjoy enough that you would do it anyway, that's fine, but it's not worthwhile to spend hours to make the equivalent of one dollar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.