i got an email to reset my pw, is this fake? Click the link below to reset your password.

Anna May

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Anna May,

Click the link below to reset your password.

https://secondlife.com/my/account/verify.php?r=c0e75af581c643a5a3b9faa69a57058b&lang=en

If clicking does not work, you can copy and paste the link into your Web browser. Once you have gone to the link, we will give instructions for resetting your password.

Linden Lab and the Second Life TeamLinden Lab and the Second Life Team

(Your IP Address: Your IP Address: 121.74.228.22)  Is this fake?

3 answers to this question

Yes, it will be fake.  Linden Lab never send out emails like that.

A lot of phishing emails are sent out that look like they come from a legitimate source. 

Never click on links within emails. 

I think your instincts are telling you this already, but your forum thread serves as a timely reminder to everyone to be aware of bogus emails asking for private information.

• Like 2

I would say yes. I have never heard of LL sending anyone an email asking them to change their password.

If you do want to change it, I would suggest typing www.secondlife.com into your browsers address bar and following the instructions from there. IOW, make sure you're on the real SL main web page and don't click on links in dubious emails.

Good luck!

From what I see it looks like the legitimate message that's sent when you use the option "Forgot your password". If you didn't request it, most likely someone else may have attempted to log in and requested a password request. Anyhow, the reminders given above are valid, don't click on links in emails that you didn't solicit and LL never solicits password resets by they own.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.