buying Ls with paypal

Rayleen Dover

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had a lindens account with paypal since 2007, I tried to buy some Ls and it keeps saying the transaction has failed, there are although there is a balance in my paypal. So I Cancelled the active accounts in the paypal list, and when i try to start a new one and choose paypal as the chosen method it keeps asking me for a credit card info.. I don't have one so does this mean I can't get anymore Ls,, has it changed lately in the last weel. I will lose  so much if i can't just use paypal with a bank account  as backup, like it has been for so long............Please help maybe I am doing something wrong, I have followed the knowledge base articles, as it says, up until the credit card request!!!!!

2 answers to this question

I just helped a good friend with exactly the same problem this evening.  First of all, if you are buying L$, it's wise to do it from your dashboard at secondlife.com >> Linden Exchange >> Buy L$  instead of buying through your veiwer in world.  The two are not necessarily in sync, so a transaction can get messed up.  The dashboard is your real contact to the Lindex, though, so it usually does work.

"Usually" unless you have been using Internet Explorer as your browser.  IE and SL don't work and play well together.  Functions like the Lindex interface lock up unexpectedly.  So switch to Firefox or Chrome.  Both  of them DO work.

Now, about PayPal ..... "Often the initial agreement can't be set up due to an unverified PayPal account. To use your PayPal account with Linden Lab, it must be verified and have a credit card on file as a backup funding source.

Linden Lab does not accept e-check (bank account) payments through PayPal because they cannot be processed quickly enough to match the instant delivery of virtual goods and services.  Therefore, we require that you have a credit card on file with PayPal as a backup payment source."  You have to do that on PayPal's web site.  You'll find the instructions for doing that at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.7.3  They are surprisingly easy to screw up, so follow them exactly.

I just helped a good friend with exactly the same problem this evening.  First of all, if you are buying L$, it's wise to do it from your dashboard at secondlife.com >> Linden Exchange >> Buy L$  instead of buying through your veiwer in world.  The two are not necessarily in sync, so a transaction can get messed up.  The dashboard is your real contact to the Lindex, though, so it usually does work.

"Usually" unless you have been using Internet Explorer as your browser.  IE and SL don't work and play well together.  Functions like the Lindex interface lock up unexpectedly.  So switch to Firefox or Chrome.  Both  of them DO work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.