What is the difference between Second Life and Inworldz?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

MikeDesoto99 wrote:

Yes Changing your user name many different places does help 'clear' you but I am sure someone just some place my dear has enough documents to drown that story. Seems this link has all anyone needs to know  

I'm not an IW fan as has already been stated along with my reasons; however, Amaranthim is one of the two people that did make me feel welcome there, to the point of making a place for me on her sim if and when I chose to visit.  I have known Amar for *thinks* at least five years, having first met her on the old forums.

Regardless of our differences in how she and I view IW, Amar does not hide nor lie; she is a standup person and a wonderful friend. :)

Just wanted to clear that up.

Edit: Grammar

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DreamingofDreams wrote:

The time and history between your posts shows your someones sockpuppet 

So You and Inworldz Jimmy Swaggart ARE SO MUTED also banned from any sims I work in as your on DJ list 

Oh is that not fair?  if not maybe you sould contact the labs huh?

Oh please, ban me too... I hate feeling left out.

...Dres *is amazed at the about of crazy this thread has incited*

Agreed really just trolls and I have muted those two as well :smileyindifferent:

Been paying land here for years some snob is not going to quiet me or anyone else with his wannabe mastermind posts showing just how clever he is i suspect he is one of the posters he is arguing with just another crazy

Maybe he sould just stay in his inworldzwhatever grid:smileyvery-happy: regardless sassy is off this thread to much hate against my home:smileysad:

Inworldz police makes raid into Secondlife.jpg

I've worked out the difference! Those who appear to have an IQ approximating their shoe size, who have no sense of humour, or proportion, and who have difficulty comprehending the clearly expressed sentiments of others - particularly if they include polysyllabic words - and who have an equivalent difficulty in stringing together grammatically accurate sentences, champion SL blindly, generally from a position of deeply held ignorance, whereas the illuminati are quite happy to acknowledge the deficiencies of both SL and Inworldz, and the potential opportunities and benefits of participation in a multiplicity of virtual environments, and can coherently communicate their opinions without making hysterical ad hominem attacks or offering risibly inaccurate - and self-condemning - slurs about the identity of their nemeses.

Awe . . . do I win something for my perspicacity - or is my prize the opprobrium of the ignorati?

Awe Thor wrote:

Awe . . . do I win something for my perspicacity - or is my prize the opprobrium of the ignorati?

Probably a lolcat, the intellectual equivalent in forum debates of introducing a 5 minute banjo solo into Beethoven's

I imagine a court scene one day and the defendant addresses the court thus,

"Having had my evidence trashed by the prosecution I have today fired my legal team.  I feel that I do not have the necessary mental faculties to adequately represent myself further in this case and with the court's permission I would like my case to henceforth be presented by an illiterate cat, as I feel that it can only do a better job than my efforts have so far.  I shall immediately be changing my plea to one of guilty by 'reason of insanity' and I hope that the fact that I have employed a cat to represent my case will corroborate this plea in the court's mind and will be looked upon favourably."

Awe Thor wrote:

I've worked out the difference! Those who appear to have an IQ approximating their shoe size, who have no sense of humour, or proportion, and who have difficulty comprehending the clearly expressed sentiments of others - particularly if they include polysyllabic words - and who have an equivalent difficulty in stringing together grammatically accurate sentences, champion SL blindly, generally from a position of deeply held ignorance, whereas the illuminati are quite happy to acknowledge the deficiencies of both SL and Inworldz, and the potential opportunities and benefits of participation in a multiplicity of virtual environments, and can coherently communicate their opinions without making hysterical ad hominem attacks or offering risibly inaccurate - and self-condemning - slurs about the identity of their nemeses.

I would give you a prize, but all I've got at the moment is a golden peen with a fez on top... that somehow seems inappropriate.

...Dres

Sassy Romano wrote:

If I recall correctly from the "making of" documentary, Indiana was supposed to fight the swordsman but wasn't feeling well on the day of filming so he just changed it to shooting him instead.

I'd never heard that, but it is an interesting anecdote.  Actually, I think this version works much better for the movie.  Either that or Indiana using his whip to knock the scimitar out of the guy's hand.

While this is also true....which is bad enough all on it's own....

I run a little terraforming business where I sell RAW terrains mostly but also do custom work sometimes...and I advertise all over the Metaverse.

I am in several of these small grids and what finally got me to completely leave inwz was after watching their regions counts closely for a year, when they went down from 808 paid regions last September to 740 in February, I simply saw that it was not worth even the little bit of my time going there to update my little cart thing I had.

Since there is not much else to do there I packed up and left for good in February, never to look back. I simply do not have the spare time to waste in a grid that is not growing and that I do not like anyways...no business for me, simple really.

I too will be moving to Inworldz. A lot of my friends have moved there. Most are builders.  They love the cheap land & the free texture uploads.  For me, SL was fun the first couple of years but these last 2 years it has been a tooth & nail struggle of errors & problems. More people on SL? SL is like a ghost town lately, I often say to the screen as I roam around "Nice build, but where is everyone?" Come November, this SL account goes back to basic as I complete my move. I will loose some of the bells and whistles of SL, but look how much I will gain.

:smileyvery-happy:

Nova Fhang wrote:

More people on SL? SL is like a ghost town lately, I often say to the screen as I roam around "Nice build, but where is everyone?" Come November, this SL account goes back to basic as I complete my move. I will loose some of the bells and whistles of SL, but look how much I will gain.

You haven't been to a popular store in SL lately, have you? :)  I actually hadn't been for quite awhile myself as 1) I don't like shopping (and I'm female...lol) and 2) my former PC couldn't handle the lag.  I recently got a new PC and went to a large store and there were about the same amount of people there (meaning lots) that I would see at a similar locale in 2007.  Seeing people in SL all depends on where one goes.  There are generally tons of people at popular dance venues or live events, for example.  I've lived on the same sim for most of my 6+ years in SL.  Some of that time the sim was home to just me and a few long-time neighbors with lots of land for sale.  Now there are no available parcels on my sim (unusual for Mainland now) *and* when I log in to my house I see a lot of green dots on my mini-map.

I'm a proponent of people being on the virtual grid/s they prefer and people have all different preferences and reasons for one grid over another, but the "There are no people on SL" arguments I don't personally find to be true.

I do see this as well after the world economy tanked for a few years and many of the crisis in Europe having been on the put on a road to recovery by the real members of the EU as we have a few members that want to be part of it but not give including some islands our biggest leecher it could reflect some tiny amount of residents here as well they want everything secondlife offers including the right to take a verbal dump on secondlife to promote some other enterprise then piss and moan regarding secondlife using the front of being a hippie loving multigrid fan but that I digress

Secondlife has been very busy including mainland at my store and the mainland home we rent no as no empty parcels and I have seen a huge increase of older members returning and the the regions nearby as and this in the old mainland if someone said secondlife was dead well maybe they need to put the koolaid away as the world economy recovers so will secondlife as secondlife is so big it is a big part of the real life economy regarding online life

When I do look at other grids I am not against them as long as they are not pretending to be some sort of mimic as I did alot of research heavy last few days and commend places called Avination and Kitely for being who they are not trying to fool you into a belief they are secondlife but seem to be heading into their own future

Storys that Philip Rosedale was this easy going hippie are incorrect and he is in position now to put secondlife in its  next evolution as secondlifes father and also the father of opensim! Here is some interesting reads also notice who are the sponsors of the project very big names because secondlife is more then a few code jockeys trying to catch the bull I might say .http://highfidelity.io/ and rest assured secondlife is being reborn stronger , faster , better not just because of advancements but the people as residents built the grid and what happens when the lindens are able to buy the rights and tech to amazing things and hire some of the worlds most talented developers and work with big tech partners more good things for its residents, do not see linden labs trying other types of things as bad in many ways its a craftsman gathering all the gold and jewels he needs to make something very speciel "winks"

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130710005526/en/Linden-Lab-Acquires-Desura

Here is Rod a very smart chap and his eye is like a jeweler with his handling of secondlife  as whatever life your in great things and great people will always have those who are jealous    http://allthingsd.com/20130705/fifteen-questions-for-linden-lab-ceo-rod-humble-about-second-lifes-tween-years/

Oh I did need to edit this to add the link to the post as here is a nice free app from Linden labs as well has some really nifty  features      http://www.creatorverse.com/      and again it is free it might be one day soon a well developed tool will allow you to create in minutes nice things on your phone and upload and share and sell within minutes as an enhanced viewer plugin for things in secondlife currently that might take a day at least on blender or related modeling software

This is my defense just facts no sock puppets or others koolaid  and I admit I might be terrible at forum football  just the proof and truth will have to do those who already care about secondlife know already

Thank you to those willing in this thread  willing to speak up and face whatever menace might fall upon you for having your own views and feeling about here that support secondlife  regardless what these the outside agents press on everyone

Oh Boy

I wanted to apologize publicly here.

A couple of posts I made in this thread were removed due to guideline violations and this is fine by me of course.

I only had come here as I originally said when following new entry stats from my blog posted here earlier in this thread and only really meant to respond to that.

I am not here to try proselytize people to any other grid and have no issues whatsoever with secondlife, the mother of us all.

This is not meant as a brown-nosing comment simply as an apology to the commenters here that time constrained me and I did not take the time to read the guidelines...I am very sorry.

I really do not have much time to give to another forum at this time and had merely wished to expand upon the comment Drakeo first did linking to my old blog site.

I will, of course, look in here when I see an increase in entry stats to my blog and may comment further if it seems worthwhile to do so.

Best to simply find whatever grid one enjoys....

MikeDesoto99 wrote:

Thank you to those willing in this thread  willing to speak up and face whatever menace might fall upon you for having your own views and feeling about here that support secondlife  regardless what these the outside agents press on everyone

Wut? Gawd, you make mucking about on an on-line virtual world sound dangerous.

I'm well aware that a few people make a living and that some people make some extra cash here in SL. It is, after all, a money making machine, like a squillion other companies on the planet, but for lots of people it's just a spot of relaxing fun.

If I've understood correctly, you're getting all hyperbolic over some people liking another VR. That's in the nature of the beast, Mike. You make a product, but you can't stop other rival companies existing, nor can you stop people from being interested in the rival product, or even preferring it. If you're an SL creator, I can understand that you've a vested interest in keeping SL as populated as possible, but realistically, SL is horribly expensive. I'd love to have a sim to build on, but, although I work and earn decently in RL, I just can't quite get my head round spending that sum of money on...nothing. Seems to me, SL gets intense if you invest large sums of RL money in it, and boring if you spend none. For those somewhere in-between - people like me who don't want to have to live in here in order to run the business which pays for the land, but who want to do more than shop and dance and have a little house, it ends up getting frustrating and slightly pointless and eventually boring.

Just another couple of points - monopolies rarely give more than they have to, and the destiny of SL is not guaranteed by the RL world economy getting sorted out - businesses can fail even in the sunniest of economic climates.

• 1 month later...

eta: this was not meant as a reply to Summer specifically...I should take the time to figure out this forum more...lol

Hi-))

As I keep getting hits to the one blogpage that Drakeo posted in this thread I wanted to drop back in and do a little update, for whatever value that may hold for some.

I know that hardly anybody here even knows me, which is cool...that kind of thing is not important to me anyways. I have my social contacts in other places, mostly revolving around my home grid, Metropolis, a non-commercial grid, and google+, and a couple of other places...which keeps me way to busy sometimes...lol

But I wanted to drop in and just do a quick note that I updated the blog in question [which is so unimportant to me I see no reason to even post the link but if one goes there please look at the other more interesting pages I now update regularly...if you wish to]-))

I post this here in the hope that actually going to that page is, tho informative from a reality perspective, unnecessary...I no longer see that grid as relevent and I see it as only a small niche grid, appealing to some folx for various reasons. I see the open Metaverse as the future and it is a wonderful thing to behold-))

The update on that blog is this:

"eta 16 August 2013: As time passes, wounds heal, hurt feelings become sad memories...we move on as people do-))

I have considered removing this blogpage several times. My over-riding thought that keeps coming back to me is one of simply that, as the saying goes, stuff happens. I feel that people should keep in mind these virtual games are really, just games, and to try not to get all stressed about it all, and find a way to enjoy them. Which I have done.

My issues with inwz were really, bottom line, about not liking unfairness, and it really was not how badly I was treated, in the end, because I knew that was coming, frankly, and I made it happen in several regards...but it was always about how others were badly treated.

I know life can be unfair, after all, I have lived it for a long time now. But that does not change that I do not like how good people are often treated badly by people with stupid agendas...and in this story, THIS is the crucial message I hope to convey.

Some people will do anything for a buck, as is the case in life....the truly wonderful people are those who can see beyond this, to the awesomeness of humanity.

That keeping one's eyes open is always a good thing, try to see beyond the obvious and look deeper, and though most often you will find good souls, sometimes you do not....a sad fact of reality.

So this is a story about reality, within virtual reality, where we can fly and stuffs-))

I have found I enjoy the freedom in OpenSim now, and have a wonderful time, enjoying wonderful people who are not driven by the almighty buck....they share, they collaborate, they enjoy this....I see no reason to ever involve myself with the commercial grids and all the strife that comes with them."

well, yes, I think I made it clear, that at least, for now, it will stay up.

Frankly, I had thought they would find a way to get google to remove it...lol...so it surprises me daily it is still there when I wake up and go thru my stats...tho it is all backed up of course...as all things computer related of any value should be..imho...and which one can't even do in most commercial grids except Kitely, so far, anways.

I guess google is more into freedoms of expression than inwz folx are-))

There are 22 posts in that particular blog and I add more as the mood strikes me [basically stream of consciousness nonsense] and update a couple or so that are for such purposes.

I only add to the inwz one when I note new entry stats to it and when, at the same time, I feel like it...lol...I do add to the comments sometimes with things I see but it is a kinda "why not" thing.

Basically, I just don't care and as I said, it is a grid that is not relevant as I see the Metaverse evolving....so I don't wish to spend much efforts concerning it other than watching things as I do with all things Metaversum as best I can.

I look at the overall "big picture" kinda thing now...or try to...and to me inwz is a backwards grid run by a few dozen ppl with selfish agendas...that I know this, and others don't, is sad, but nothing I am interested in going on any crusade about, and, I never was-))

I actually prefer SL for a commercial grid, and Kitely....Olantica, Haven and 3rd Rock have some appeal to me also.

Out of curiocity I downloaded Inworldz the other day. I found it looked and acted very similer to SL. Going on there reminded me of my noob days in  SL. I came in looking for freebies but didn't find much. It isn't that well established. I have only ran accross a couple of people in the sims I explored. WIll it ever get the numbers SL does probably not. People say there is no drama on Inworldz. Thats because theres hardly anyone around. I won't give up SL for it.

I don't know what people you refer to, but from my own knowledge and from being out in the Metaverse, that grid is known as the "Drama" grid.

I have sometimes said that it has more drama per capita then sl....but, yes, since there are not near as many people there, it is harder to find....go there more often, you will find it tho, I promise-))

I just had an old dj friend of mine, who travels grids, but is mostly in sl and inwz, do some sl to email to sl talk where he actually wanted me to come in and add to "his" drama going on there...concerning known drama makers....i was astounded he would even think that would be interesting to me at all....lol

some ppl get so invested in drama they no longer see it for what it is, and just want to get others to join them in it....i actually had to just come out and tell him straight up i have absolutely no interest in that, and even if i had, i deleted the grid from my viewer and deleted the passwords from my doc file....i expect he will eventually move on too...lol

there really is no point in wasting efforts going there, one of the reasons i finally left for good is it was just very boring...traveling the Meta is lots more fun and meeting so many interesting people who have their eyes more open is what i like now.

Besides, my 2 fav singers in sl tried inwz some time back and did not like it, so I get to listen to them here-)) [Gina Gracemount and Josie Anderton]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.