Is it possible someone to change the founder of a group?

Shadow Siamendes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

By chance is it possible the founder's name of a group be changed? I don't mean by creating a new one and re-inviting all members or defining someone else as group owner, I mean really change the group's founder.

@ Arwen: Yes, I have seen that too. But if a group's founder can't be changed, I suspect someone must have used illegal ways to change it. I have see that the founder of 3 groups was changed to the same person. I have contacted LL and it seems they didn't worry about that. I even filled a JIRA under Security Exploits and the case was closed with the status "Closed-BI". I wonder what this status mean.

I wonder if someone else has seen it happens around there. One of the changed groups was founded by a friend of mine and we need a help to figure out why that. The current name in founder's name is the same person that owns the group currently.

2 answers to this question

One thing you can do if the original group creator has retired or left SL:

If you or someone in the group is also an owner of the group, the group charter can be updated to say something like "This group is now owned by (fill in the blank)".  That way the group members know who is currently in charge of the group.

I've seen that with many groups when the original creator has retired from the group and/or SL entirely.

Otherwise, a new group would have to created and multiple requests to existing Group members to make the move - often many never make the move no matter how many announcements are sent.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.