Is "indra abuse" Out To Lunch?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For as long as I can remember (and that's a pretty long time), we've gotten some sort of email confirmation when we send Abuse Reports.  In recent years, the automated sender of those confirmations was "indra abuse".  Here's an example from earlier this year:

Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 19:45:55 -0700
From: "indra abuse" <indra-abuse+canned.response@lindenlab.com>
To: [me]
In-Reply-To: <20120406024553.2D36310C07C@sim9798.agni.lindenlab.com>
References: <20120406024553.2D36310C07C@sim9798.agni.lindenlab.com>
Subject: Re: Abuse: E:1 P:1 |Hau Koda| (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hau%20Koda/151/89/25)
         [Disturbing the peace > Repetitive spam] {imrtlrku} "Particle spam attack on infohub"

Thank you for taking the time to submit a Second Life abuse report. If the
reported incident violates Second Life's Community Standards or Terms of
Service, we will take appropriate action.

What happens next?
If any further information is required, Linden Lab will contact you
regarding this incident.

Will Linden Lab follow up with you after the investigation is closed?
Linden Lab examines each abuse incident independently and will not disclose
the resolution of abuse/community standards violations with Second Life
Residents, except when necessary to introduce a new or amended policy.
Linden Lab will not disclose incident details including (but not limited
to): identity of the reporter, details of chat logs, resolution of
incidents, and/or suspensions/banning of Second Life Residents.

We hope that this will be the last of any unpleasant encounters for you
inworld. If you continue to experience problems with a Resident, please
file a new inworld abuse report for each new incident and we will
investigate each report independently.

To file an abuse report while inworld, select Help > Report Abuse...

For more information on abuse reports, please take a look at our "Guide to
Filing an Abuse Report" article or our "Report Abuse" video in the Second
Life Knowledge Base:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Guide_to_Filing_an_Abuse_Report

Best regards,

Linden Lab
945 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
www.secondlife.com

Look familiar?

Now, the last one of those I got was sent on July 3rd. That's very likely the last time I submitted an abuse report until this week. For the past three days, I've been submitting them daily for nasty particle (and sound) spamming litter near one of my tenants.

(Yes, I could have played the Concierge card, but FFS, it's just standard griefer crap; stuff like this should be under the abuse-handling project budget, not Concierge, so I try to use ARs for things like this for as long as my tenants will put up with it.)

But I didn't receive any of those standard email confirmations.

Since there was also no response to the submissions, I wondered if the reports were getting through.  I even tried switching to Firestorm from the brand new Linden viewer, thinking maybe it was fumbling the AR during submission, but I'm not getting confirmations that way, either.

Is anybody else getting those anymore? It's not that AR response was ever very timely nor reliable, but now it feels completely indistinguishable from submitting to /dev/null.

One wonders, then, whether it's the confirmation randomly getting dropped, or the submission. The lack of response would suggest the latter... or, rather, it would, if responses even to the confirmed reports were ever reliable in the first place.

Signal-to-noise, etc.

I've never noticed any problems with gmail, which I use quite a lot over multiple addresses, and have done so for years, so I'm doubting it's a problem with my email provider. It's definitely not in my spam folder.

Besides, given the choice between a failure in gmail and a failure in whatever homegrown hackery the Lab has in place to process abuse reports, I know which one I'd suspect.

I guess, if nothing is done over the weekend, I'll have to bug Concierge after all, lest my tenant leave and I have to add his parcel to the growing yellow plague sweeping the Mainland.

They are having a few rounds with Rod, before getting back to work sometime around.....um..... end of this year.....ish.

Interestingly, I filed a couple of AR's within last 2 weeks and ditto; no email confirmation that they were - coughs - looking into it with due alacrity, etc etc.

However, I am sure I do not need to remind you that we are dealing with LL, here. Customer service is not exactly high in their priorities.

Follow-up: Come Monday morning, I opened a Support case, and it was resolved last night. As usual, land Support delivers, and my tenant isn't plagued by these things now.

I'm still thinking there's a bug in the indra-abuse process, just not sure whether it's preventing the reports getting into the system, or merely blocking those email confirmations. Maybe I'll submit a jira about it; the Knowledge Base still claims that those emails are sent out, so something's amiss--that KB article, if nothing else.

This happened earlier in the year.   It was supposed to have been fixed, and then it appears to started up again at the end of May, at least from comments about WEB-4664 in my Gmail.   But WEB-4664 appears to have been moved to a maintenance jira that we can't access, so I don't know the signficance of that.

Last time round, the Linden comments on the jira suggested that the ARs were being received as normal, but the automated email response wasn't always firing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.