Unable to connect to grid after multiple attempts

Iryce

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have restarted, updated and configured everything so many times and still get the same error message that it cannot connect to grid. I was able to log in on Wednesday with no issues but for the past two days have the same error occuring even after switching viewers. Can anyone help? or is my second life journey come to an end? Thanks in advance!

Iryce wrote:

I have restarted, updated and configured everything so many times and still get the same error message that it cannot connect to grid. I was able to log in on Wednesday with no issues but for the past two days have the same error occuring even after switching viewers. Can anyone help? or is my second life journey come to an end? Thanks in advance!

Make sure your Internet  connection is working - but I assume you have done this already.

Although, rebooting your router and/or modem might be a good thing to try anyway.

Try to log into a different region than where you left off - Smith is a good region to try.

If these do not work, try creating a new account as a last resort.

Iryce wrote:

Thank you Wendi and John. the funny thing is it started at home first and now Im at work and still same problem. Im on a laptop does that make a difference with the modem and router?

If you have tried it at two different locations, and you are getting the same result, that probably narrows it down to either your computer or your account.

So try the last two items I suggested:

- if that doesn't work, then create another account and see how that goes.

I just tried that and nothing :( I dont know what happened, how could I log in for months and then all of a sudden *poof* no more access even after creating a new avatar. Disappointing :( but thank you for your help

You did not mention which OS you are using I still hang on to XP (a die hard)  This has happened to me several times over the last 7 years and the only solution I have found that works every time is to un install SL in the normal way either through the program group or through the control panel. This is just the start. Open regedit  in run then search for second life and delete all the keys be careful when doing this as you can damage the OS if you get delete happy and hit something incorrect. Then do a search for Linden research and kill it.  This is the 2/3 point of removing LL completely from your system. In XP there are several persistent folders that remain after an un install they are located in the root drive in DOcuments and settings machine name local settings application data delete the second life folder. There is a second folder located in docs and settings  machine name application data. By removing these 2 folders you will have no presets logs or other data remaining. Manually delete your cache. Run an error check on your drives check the fragmentation and drfrag as needed. It is also not a bad idea to run something like registry mechanic to clean up the loose ends. Now you are ready to re install SL. If you are using WIN7 I believe the folders are stored under your user location.  When the folders in the application data area become corrupted SL will not load and it can happen in a single session.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.