Question about streaming

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have just started performing on stream using winamp and karafun karaoke player. I have my soundcard and winamp set for the shoutcast plugin to be able to play to the stream from sound coming from the soundcard so that I can use music and voice at the same time. When I go on the stream, for a good 60 - 90 seconds I sound like minnie mouse. I don't know what's causing it and thought I'd check hear in case someone has an idea.

I am looking to broaden my performing experience and start performing in regular gigs at some point and I don't want this to b ehappening. So, anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I saw this thread and instead of starting a new one that is basically surrounded around the same topic, I thought I would ask my question here.

I, too, am starting my singing career.  I've been advised to purchase a SM58+X2u USB Digital Bundle and before this thread, I really didn't have any idea where I should subscribe for karaoke songs. 

Singsnap was suggested, but their selection of Jazz/Blues to my liking is limited.  KaraFun looks good. Are there any other suggestions and tips?  Not your Linden....I'll take that later. :matte-motes-big-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.