FPS drop appears again in 3.3.4

Xzarina Demina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unfortunately I was forced to update the sl viewer to the new version 3.3.4.

The 3.3.3 version works fine without the fps drop bug and it was the only viewer that worked, all other viewers has the fps drop implemented too...lol

It starts out fine with my normal fps around 15-20 and then suddenly it drops below 5 and stay there, unless i focus on the ground with nothing else visible. There are a lot of jira's on this, all closed because LL think they fixed it and they did...until yesterday!

I would like to know where i can get the 3.3.3 version instead of being forced to use the 3.3.4, now that there isnt any other viewers that doesnt act like that. I have tried them all, i think....cool, niran, phoenix and whatever they are called. They all do it.

Frustrated.....

What forces you to update? Do you realize that is a setting you can control:

Me > Preferences > Setup > Software updates : Download and install updates manually

Links to older client downloads can be found in the prior release notes, see http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Release_Notes

Download 3.3.3 from http://download.cloud.secondlife.com/Viewer-3/Second_Life_3-3-3-260300_Setup.exe

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i thought that at first too, but in the old viewer 3 version it didnt drop at all, and then i cant see how that could be my graphic card overheating then, because it should have done that too in that viewer which it didnt.

I read somewhere about a bug in the old viewers that made fps drop when you look at something with flexi, and there are several jiras about it too, which are now closed because LL think they have solved it. So there has been something about this earliere that apparently has come back.

The fps goes back up again when doing something, not always sure what though, but open the inventory could get it back up, or moving the camera to look from top or other things, but its not always it will help. Only sometimes.

I will get a new graphic card though, because this could ofcourse have something to do with my card. Yet many others also have reported this temporarely problem that dont have the same card or dont use the same driver.

A simple test for heating problems on graphic card is to remove side cover of desktop pc cabinet.

Place an small room  Fan  so it blows directly into graphic card area.  See  if your FPS  remains good.  Also  visually check to see if little fan onboard graphic card is actually working,,,as these do go bad sometimes.

(All of this assumes you have a desktop pc and  an actual graphics card with onboard fan)

good luck....

dd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.